Many A Weary Foot [ Friendship | Welsh Fantasy ]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Re: Many A Weary Foot [ Friendship | Welsh Fantasy ]

#16 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Miyuu wrote:I've always liked reading myths and folklores, but I've never read Welsh folklore before. I'll be looking out for this one, since I'm also curious about new folklores and all. Also, the name of the place hooked me; it is a pretty fantasy-sounding place. :D

Also, the menu is colourful, and I gotta say that your art is pretty. :) Your art matches well with fantasy/myth VNs to me.

You know, your writing style kinda reminds me of an old, favourite book that I once read; The Redemption of Althalus. It was a very interesting fantasy book, I enjoyed reading it.

I'll be on the lookout for this one, so good luck. :)
The names are actually real locations! Llyn Llumonwy is Loch Lomond, Scotland. Yr Alban is Scotland, as well. Though I don't blame you-- I'm pretty sure Wales is just a fantasyland. Vowels don't exist there.

Thank you! I actually redid the text on the menu a bit-- I admit: I used Paint to add the text at first. I downloaded GIMP now, though, so I thought I might as well redo it.
Thank you so much, too. I'll check it out!

A picture WIP of a sprite I was working on last night:

This will probably be how I'll approach the art of the VN, so I'll just say one thing: RIP me
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Kowai
Regular
Tumblr: kowaikowia
Deviantart: kowai-usagi

#17 Post by Kowai »

Lovely redhead you made Nami.
You know already my impression of your art but I'm just gonna say it here again for archive's sake:
Your sense of color is beautiful and it makes the art enjoyable to look at. The backgrounds especially help to set up an atmosphere that is both eerie yet pulls you in.
So yeah, I'm gonna look forward all your pretty drawings and how you're gonna make it work with the story! :D

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Kowai wrote:Lovely redhead you made Nami.
You know already my impression of your art but I'm just gonna say it here again for archive's sake:
Your sense of color is beautiful and it makes the art enjoyable to look at. The backgrounds especially help to set up an atmosphere that is both eerie yet pulls you in.
So yeah, I'm gonna look forward all your pretty drawings and how you're gonna make it work with the story! :D
MAMAN
THANKS
Everything accidentally got far too detailed but I'm glad it ends up looking good! \ o /
THANK AGAIN
Image Image

vociferocity
Regular
Projects: Rogue of Heart, Valkyrie

#19 Post by vociferocity »

The screens you've posted are so gorgeous! The story sounds really interesting, too. I can't wait to play this :D

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Ghost of Crux »

vociferocity wrote:The screens you've posted are so gorgeous! The story sounds really interesting, too. I can't wait to play this :D
Thank you! I planned this to be a short VN with simple graphics and stuff, but I might've overshot the sprites and background styles... so this is kind of half worked on while I do the other things (which are easier to draw orz)
I'm glad you're interested, though! I will be trying for a release sometime next month or in May. Hopefully it won't go past that.
Image Image