Fairy Fly - [Family/Fantasy]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Miyuu
Regular
Completed: Iris Dream

Fairy Fly - [Family/Fantasy]

#1 Post by Miyuu »

This short story is set in a fantasy, medieval world. Ivan and Maria are 5 year old twins who enjoy each other's company. Where there is Ivan, Maria will be around too. They love playing in the woods behind their shack. One fateful day, they are distracted and run deeper into the forest. Now they are lost in the menacing woods. Can they get out of the woods safely? Or will they be lost in the depths of the forest forever?

This story will be told in a 3rd person's perspective. Its meant to be a lighthearted story. It also reflects (ideal) relationship between siblings and family. There will be 4 endings depending on choices, which are pretty much straightforward.

Here is a sketch for the twins:

This will be my very first VN ever released. I'm in charge of writing, and holey_cheese is in charge of arts. :D I've started writing this since two weeks ago, and I plan on releasing it as soon as I can, possibly before NaNoReNo starts. Hopefully, all will go well. Any suggestions / constructive criticisms are very much welcome and appreciated so I can improve more. Thank you!

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Re: Fairy Fly - [Family/Fantasy]

#2 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Ooh, this looks great! Sibling relationships are also great, at least in depictions :lol: If my sister and I are lost in the woods, we'll probably joke about sacrificing each other to Deep Ones who lurk there before trying to get out.
That said, I have several questions-- just to flesh out your first post.

What are Ivan and Maria like? What's their relationship? Will the VN explore possibilities of how their relationship might change due to the events in the story?
Is there a specific setting in mind, or is it just vague forest?

I'm looking forward to this. The art is adorable and just eye-pleasing. They're definitely children I'll go to the end of the world to make sure they'll be out safely. Good luck!
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Miyuu
Regular
Completed: Iris Dream

#3 Post by Miyuu »

Ghost of Crux wrote:Ooh, this looks great! Sibling relationships are also great, at least in depictions :lol: If my sister and I are lost in the woods, we'll probably joke about sacrificing each other to Deep Ones who lurk there before trying to get out.
That said, I have several questions-- just to flesh out your first post.

What are Ivan and Maria like? What's their relationship? Will the VN explore possibilities of how their relationship might change due to the events in the story?
Is there a specific setting in mind, or is it just vague forest?

I'm looking forward to this. The art is adorable and just eye-pleasing. They're definitely children I'll go to the end of the world to make sure they'll be out safely. Good luck!
I'd probably joke about that too, lol. Well, at least before night time falls. ._.

Ivan is the big brother, so he tends to feel that he has to protect his sister. He's the type who put on a brave face just so his sister could feel at ease. On the other hand, Maria is timid and heavily dependent on Ivan. She is the type who is alert most of the times, so she tends to be jumpy with any slight change in environment.

Since the both of them are raised in a loving family, their sibling bond is strong. They are playmates since they were born, so they are always together. Over the course of the story, their bond will strengthen through overcoming trials together. I hope I can capture this one well. :)

The forest has a name, but the twins are almost always referring it to the Woods. You'll discover the name when you play it though. :)

Thank you, I'm sure holey_cheese will be pleased, she made a good job with the twins. :D I hope you'll enjoy it once it comes out. :D

warmsundae
Regular
Soundcloud: lanterny

#4 Post by warmsundae »

I'm really interested! I recently finished watching Over the Garden Wall, and this kinda reminded me of it. Mostly I like this idea since it seems like a short and sweet game, which I know I love.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#5 Post by Reikun »

Wondering what the status on this project is? The premise has me interested so I'd love to see where the story goes. Kudos to the artist for the cute character designs :)
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter