Paws & Effect: My Dogs Are Human!

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Erotome
Regular
Projects: Paws & Effect, RE4: Otome Edition
Organization: Shimmersoft
Tumblr: erotomesoft
Deviantart: Erotome

Paws & Effect: My Dogs Are Human!

#1 Post by Erotome »

I don't know if this technically counts as a double-post, since I already created this thread in NanoReno16, but it's a short non-commercial game and we're still curious to hear people's thoughts on the demo while we continue to develop the full game. Thanks!

What if your dogs turned into humans? What if that's not as great as it sounds?

RECENT UPDATES

Demo Download

Title Screen

Save Screen

In-Game Screenshot (featuring GUI and placeholder assets)

Main Character Clean Art and Expression Samples

Genre: Zany Comedy.
Length: 60-75 minutes
Style: Mostly Kinetic (few converging choices)
Romance? No, 'cause it's your dogs.

Charlie’s birthday is in three days and she's looking forward to a quiet, at-home party with a few friends. But a small (read: not small) problem arises when, due to inexplicable circumstances, her two Pomeranians transform into humans! Why did this happen? What can be done? Can dogs be trusted with fingers? With more questions than answers, Charlie finds herself embroiled in a nonsensical adventure with her once-canine companions, whose transformation has been... less than perfect. As her dogs' many personality quirks hound them in their human life, how will Charlie cope with her new circumstances?

FULL GAME PROGRESS

GUI: Done!
Writing: 30%
Sprites: Done!%
Background: 50%
Music: 30%
Coding: 30%

QUESTIONS

I. Did you play the demo?
II. Did you find the demo to be funny? If so, what were your favorite parts?
III. Were there any parts of the writing that fell flat for you?
IV. What did you think of the game's art (sprites, BGs, UI)?
V. Would you be interested in playing the full game after playing the demo?
Play the demo our latest game, Paws & Effect: My Dogs Are Human!

SbHunter
Completed: none yet ;-;
Projects: Dream Library
Tumblr: thestoryhuntercookies
Deviantart: TheStoryHunter

Re: Paws & Effect: My Dogs Are Human!

#2 Post by SbHunter »

I see that the this is a post from a long while ago (so I'm two years late to this :'3) but seeing that no one leaving reply yet, I want to try.
I. Did you play the demo?
II. Did you find the demo to be funny? If so, what were your favorite parts?
III. Were there any parts of the writing that fell flat for you?
IV. What did you think of the game's art (sprites, BGs, UI)?
V. Would you be interested in playing the full game after playing the demo?
My answers:
1. Yes! It were the four episodes currently available, right?
2. I'm fan of humor type that's like sarcasm and black humor, so yeah, I'm quite entertained with the characters dialogue. I think my favorite part was
in the earlier part where two people who I assumed to be researcher of some kind were exchanging banter. The part where they pointed out the fact that they're both single was savage
XD
3. Honestly, yes. As I am mainly a writer, I can tell that your strongest point is in writing characters dialogue, just like the way I could imagine and shape the
two researcher's
personalities even though I didn't see their face or whatsoever, and gotten idea of what was going on on the story background, just from the way they exchanged banter. And thus, if there's any part of writing that "fell flat on me", it would be the narration part. I got a little irked at the way most sentences went like "I do this. I do that." It was the only parts that didn't feel to flow as good. (Oh, and I believe I found one or two typo, but that could easily be fixed by proofreading.)
4. The game's art is gorgeous. The UI looks neat and the animation is also smooth. I can see that the sprites have improved from the art concept you put up in this post.
5. YESH! I'd love to see how Charlie cope with the shock of her dogs turning into human, how the dogs will adapt, what becomes of her career, if the dogs would stay human or turn back into dogs, also
what would happen with the "experiments"
!

So I say to you (in case you're still working on this,) good luck with the VN! I know it could be a good and enjoyable one, and many would love to play it too! >w<)9
Sleep, eat, game, write, repeat! Wait, don't forget to pet cat!