Bad Day [Short][Kinetic][Drama]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Via_01

Bad Day [Short][Kinetic][Drama]

#1 Post by Via_01 »

Is it realistic to feel like I’m special to others?
“Is it realistic to think I can make a difference in a friend’s life?”
“Is it realistic to hope they’ll lean on my shoulder and call my name when things get tough?”
Hello! This is Daniel Cuturrufo, from Lumino Visual, presenting a short project we’ve had in the works for a while. Bad Day is a short kinetic visual novel about a college student, his best friend, and the growth of their relationship; it all begins and ends with a particularly bad day.

Main Characters:
  • Alan: an average college student, currently living on his own. Though a man of few friends, he’s nevertheless a sociable person without any serious problems pestering his life. The protagonist of this story.
    Carol: a college student, wannabe poet and Alan’s best friend/neighbor. A seemingly lively individual with more than a few bad experiences to share.

This visual novel, though kinetic in nature, does make use of several choices to the benefit of the story. It’s a short experience, slightly over an hour long (hence why the story summary is so short), but we hope it’ll merit more than a single playthrough from you once it’s all said and done. On the production side of things, we’ve done some work in-house, but also contracted some outside help as well. Here are the people involved:
  • Lead writer: Daniel Cuturrufo (@Lumino_Via)
    Music: Mike Beck (@LuminoBeck)
    Sprite artist: Emma Roush (emmaroush.wixsite.com/portfolio)
    Background Artist: Cutu
    UI artist: Sobas
    Editor: Reddly B (@LuminoRed)
We’re planning to release the game on itch.io. Though a free game, we’ll have the webpage’s donation option enabled, so please consider supporting us after release so that we can keep working on projects in the future.

Any questions? It’s close to completion, so expect to hear from us again soon!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Bad Day [Short][Kinetic][Drama]

#2 Post by Zelan »

It seems like an interesting premise, and I like the art.

No questions right now, but I'll watch for when this is released.

Beck

Re: Bad Day [Short][Kinetic][Drama]

#3 Post by Beck »

The music is going to be pretty alright. You can follow that progress here:

https://soundcloud.com/luminobeck/sets/ ... rs/s-v5Erm