Mink [GxB][1960's historical][romance/drama]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
ellebb

Mink [GxB][1960's historical][romance/drama]

#1 Post by ellebb »

"Where did you get that? I've never seen it before."

"This? Maybe I bought it myself."

"Please. A woman doesn't buy a mink coat for herself. Who is it?"

"He'll be there tonight. Why don't you figure it out?"

December 31, 1966 - New York City
A wealthy socialite and her husband are attending a New Year's Eve party in the city. As they're leaving, the husband notices she is wearing a mink coat he has never seen before. He asks where it came from, who gave it to her, but she evades the question. He insists, and she says, "He'll be there tonight. Why don't you figure it out?"

You play the socialite as she glides through the party, and your choices determine who gave her the mink coat.

Characters

The Socialite - Priscilla "Lovie" Cardiff-Foster (24)
From an old-blood family and presumptive heir to the Cardiff Airline empire, Lovie spends her days making social calls, shopping, and hosting philanthropic events. Beautiul, she's become something of a fashion icon in New York society. She loves to be around people yet never feels close to anyone.

The Husband - John Foster (28)
A lawyer employed in his father-in-law's airline company. John has a cold personality, but can be surprisingly sentimental. Although they began their relationship passionately, he and Lovie have gradually become alienated from one another.

The Younger Sister - Edith "Edie" Cardiff-Townsend (23)
Always lesser, Edie has never been considered as pretty, smart, or loved as Lovie. She simultaneously hates her sister and worships her for her supposed superiority. Feels dignified in "allowing" her husband's transgressions. Also attending the party.

The Brother-in-law - Leighton Townsend (25)
Edie's husband. He's a hedonist, an ex-football star that consumes without ever knowing he is hungry. Frequently unfaithful to his wife. Has very nice teeth.

The "Good One" - Paul Brandt (30)
Paul inherited an executive position at Cardiff Airlines from his father; the Brandts and the Cardiffs have been close for generations. He is recently bereaved, and even more recently divorced. His marriage couldn't survive the disaster of losing a child to illness. He is a romantic, and is desperate to fill the hole where his family once was.

Project Goals
3 routes, 3 endings
17+ for some sexual content, non-graphic; also adult themes, I suppose
Free
About 30 mins of gameplay?? I'm guesstimating here.

Outline: Complete
Script: Complete
Coding: 0%
Sprites: 0%
BGs: 0%

This is my first game, so I'm trying to set an obtainable goal by making this small in scope: the story's set over one evening, and the structure of the game will be relatively simple. Enough to let me dip my toes in coding ren'py.

Soo, yeah. Little game with vintage inspiration, definitely has roots in Gatsby, Mad Men, etc. Hoping to get it done fairly soon!

warmsundae
Regular
Soundcloud: lanterny

Re: Mink [GxB][1960's historical][romance/drama]

#2 Post by warmsundae »

Really Iove the way it Iooks. I'm excited for this game. Good luck!

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#3 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Can't wait for more info! Love the early, mid-20th century era.

Akaya
Projects: Currently working on a psychological visual novel. /UPDATE SOON/

#4 Post by Akaya »

I'm really interested!
- Working on a Visual novel project - Still looking for background artist- And translator english to japanese - Please contact me ! :)