LIFEPLUS+ [SuNoFes17]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

LIFEPLUS+ [SuNoFes17]

#1 Post by paradigmshifty »

The game I made for sunofes is available for download over at itch.io
https://sleepyagents.itch.io/lifeplus

I made it solo in around 6 weeks. The story isn't very long (around 1600 words).

---

Is this a completed game!?

I am still considering this a WiP because I would like to make some changes to the music and dialogue as well as making an android version - that stuff may never happen - so you may as well play this version! XD

---

What's it about?

It's about hunting down a gemstone with your companions, Natur and Latit - You click where you want to search, but you can also use your keyboard.

The story is mostly told through conversations, but due to the nature of the game you might not get to read all of them.

If you get the gemstone on your first try you might want to buy a lottery ticket or something today XD

---

The game can take anywhere between 4mins and 40mins to play. If you see the credits in game then you've got to the proper end.
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

Re: LIFEPLUS+ [SuNoFes17]

#2 Post by YossarianIII »

Hey, just wanted to say I played this and enjoyed it! :)

It took me about 20 minutes to find the gem. I really liked the idea of using a tile game as the basis for telling a story. And the sound and visuals were all appropriately glitchy.

I've only played through once, but I'm curious if
the dialogue always appears in the same order or if it's nonlinear? If it is linear, the game structure definitely does a good job of giving the illusion it's open-ended.

Image Image

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

Re: LIFEPLUS+ [SuNoFes17]

#3 Post by paradigmshifty »

Sorry about the late reply. Thanks for checking out the game ^^

In answer to your query
It is indeed linear. I'm glad it came across quite open-ended; the main issue is if people lose midway through and don't have a save point it would be quite tedious to get back to where you were. I wouldn't want to have different dialogue for subsequent plays, but I probably should have implemented autosaving to help combat that problem.
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique