Haunted School

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Haunted School

#1 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

I had originally hoped to release this game before Halloween, but I got stuck trying to fix a few bugs. It is a horror themed game with RPG and dungeon crawler elements. There are quite a few things to be improved, if you can give me some suggestions that would be appreciated. This game is being developed with android in mind, for this reason I have made the text and buttons large. As a teacher in a bilingual school in Asia, its been a lot of fun to work on this project. I had outlined 13 episodes, but that was always a bit too ambitious. I'd like to do some super simple projects too, but I guess I would like to finish this one first.
Let me know what you think! Thanks everyone for the help so far. People on this forum have been very helpful. Some of the 3D backgrounds were made with the help of modified copyright free files, attribution will be given when the project is finished.

You can find the game here (windows build): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5OYHf ... sp=sharing

Known bugs:
enemies do not hide like the should after battle
I've been unable to get enemies to show and hide through the battle script and to add there images as part of the character definitions, part of it I guess is possibly because I need to import some script into the battle script to get the show and hide commands to work?
Game goes blank if minimised in android - I have a feeling that this is not solvable, especially during fights and dungeons. I think I might just have to work this into the story/game rules.
Proofreading needed
Game not finished as I wanted to solve some of the bugs first.