Creepy Lily [Horror][18+][SuNoFes18]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
fullmontis
Regular
Deviantart: fullmontis
itch: fullmontis

Creepy Lily [Horror][18+][SuNoFes18]

#1 Post by fullmontis » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Neil is a college student whose life has lost aim.
But meeting Lily, like an omen, will give his life a direction he won't be able to escape.

Inspired by horror works like Tomie and Saya No Uta
TYPE: Visual Novel (multiple paths and endings)
RATING: 18+ (Strong Violence and Sexual Content)
RELEASE: October 13th, 2018

ABOUT

Hi and thanks for visiting! This is a horror visual novel I'm developing for the SuNoFes18 during the summer.

I actually started a visual novel of the same name for NaNoRenO 2018, but due to different reasons I was unable to finish it. Since I really liked the idea but had big problems with the script I had created, i scrapped the content I had already created and decided to start fresh.

Will update as soon as I get more stuff done. Of course, if you have any opinions you want to share, please do!

PROGRESS:

Code: Select all

Outline:     [####################] 100%
Script:      [######              ]  30%
Graphics:    [########            ]  40%
Audio/Music: [####                ]  20%
UI:          [####################] 100%
SCREENSHOTS:
screen006.jpg
screen005.jpg
screen003.jpg
Last edited by fullmontis on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current Project: Image --- My Visual Novels: Image Image

fullmontis
Regular

Re: Creepy Lily [Horror][18+][SuNoFes18]

#2 Post by fullmontis » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:27 pm

New screenshot added!
Attachments
class-min.jpg

BlackMagnolia
Regular
Completed: Carin
Projects: Palm-of-the-Hand VNs
Organization: Flerdele Leider
itch: https://flerdele-lie

#3 Post by BlackMagnolia » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:39 pm

I love the renewed aesthetic, that UI is smooth and the character art looks wonderful.
I made a little KN named Carin. About a girl named Carin. Yeah, that girl in the little icon there. You should click on her. Do it.

fullmontis
Regular

#4 Post by fullmontis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:57 pm

So it's been a while since I posted some updates, so let's make a recap of what has been going on, good and bad:

First of all, I'm glad to present now the other main character in the story: Derek. He's a moody guy, but a good friend to the protagonist nonetheless, and the other character we will be interacting with in the story.
derekpres.png
That was the good announcement. The bad one is that I won't be able to work on the visual novel on the last week of august, which means that I will probably be unable to complete everything for the anticipated schedule of end of august. At this point, I feel safer to postpone the release to the end of september as not to rush anything and be able to polish the game and betatest it correctly. I'm really sorry! I hope this time everything goes as intended.

That was all for now. I will post some updates on the story and add more screenshots soon. Until then, have a good time!

chiharuchi

#5 Post by chiharuchi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Aaaaa this looks interesting. Waiting for an update!

Honeydrop

#6 Post by Honeydrop » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 pm

Ohh this looks cool. I can't wait until it's playable.

fullmontis
Regular

#7 Post by fullmontis » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:14 am

Thank you so much, chiharuchi and Honeydrop! I'm really happy it intrigues you!

---

Sorry for the lack of updates of as late! Let's bring in some news.

I did a lot of changes to the script with time, mostly because I wanted to reduce the scope of the story. I realized, as usual, that I'm trying to make a way bigger game that my one man army capabilities can take on. I had to rewrite most of the script and scrap a lot of scenes I had spent some time on. This kind of sucks, but unfortunately there wasn't much that I could do about it. This brings both bad and good news.

The bad news is that I won't probably be able to finish the game by the end of September, as I thought I would be able to do. I still want to release it before Halloween, so I'm going to postpone the release date back a couple of weeks, into the middle of October, let's say Saturday the 13th because I like that number as a release date for the game. Chances are that it may oscillate in either direction of a couple of days, but you still are going to get a solid, creepy experience before Halloween night! I will try to release a demo/teaser for the Ren'Py jam to spread some hype, but I doubt I will be able to do it. Not impossible, but rather hard. Let's see how it goes.

The good news is that the game is now a lot tighter, which means I can work a lot more on polishing it and working on it. This means a better and more enjoyable experience for you! I will be able to release more info about the story as the game progresses, and I can finally hint at more details before the release of the game. Which is something sorely needed since the game is quite bare bones in terms of details as of now. Don't worry! There are more details coming out soon.

Thanks all for the attention and let's go back to making the game!

Oh, I also realized that I never posted the final sprite for Lily in the thread (one of two, actually, which I'm going to post at a later date), so here it is.
Attachments
lilypromo.png