Coffee Mixer [Friendship][Pixel]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
makarune
Deviantart: PandaPastels
itch: PandaPastels

Coffee Mixer [Friendship][Pixel]

#1 Post by makarune »

Hello, this isn't my first time trying to work on a visual novel, but it'll hopefully be the first time I finish one! This vn will be quick and lighthearted, so a lot of it won't be too serious.
About:
Coffee Mixer is a short visual novel about Tiramisu, a lonely witch who will try summoning others into her kitchen in hopes of finding friends. Using the ingredients on hand, she can test various combinations and meet different people (or animals!) each time.

All of the available characters
Sample of the mixing/summoning scene
Sample of the style used during conversations

Questions:
1. How do you feel about the art style and GUI? (pixel, limited color palette)
2. Would you be interested in a romance option? (Mainly as a joke)
3. Any other feedback? I'd love to hear any comments!
Last edited by makarune on Fri May 24, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Coffee Mixer [Friendship][Pixel]

#2 Post by Alex »

1. Personally, I like pixel-art. And samples you've posted looks nice and cute...;) This might be that the more simplier art is the more imagination player should use, so it will fit right to him/her.

2. It's up to you how you'll made your story - do what you feel you could do the best.

3. You could make a list of unlockable chars (like player would know how many of them, but wouldn't know the names etc.). If the game is about mixing ingredients, it would be a kind of hint to show what ingredients was used to unlock the char.

makarune

#3 Post by makarune »

Alex wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:12 am 1. Personally, I like pixel-art. And samples you've posted looks nice and cute...;) This might be that the more simplier art is the more imagination player should use, so it will fit right to him/her.

2. It's up to you how you'll made your story - do what you feel you could do the best.

3. You could make a list of unlockable chars (like player would know how many of them, but wouldn't know the names etc.). If the game is about mixing ingredients, it would be a kind of hint to show what ingredients was used to unlock the char.
Thank you so much for the feedback!
I've updated my post to showcase all of the available characters; there are only 3 ingredients, but I think it's obvious which ingredient brings out all the odd characters haha

makarune

#4 Post by makarune »

Finished another character talk sprite!

makarune

#5 Post by makarune »

Two more talksprites down, and three to go! I've also began working on the script c:

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#6 Post by parttimestorier »

This looks super cute! I love the look of the catperson with the little top hat especially. Do you get to choose which ingredients to mix to summon people?
ImageImageImage

makarune

#7 Post by makarune »

parttimestorier wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:22 pm This looks super cute! I love the look of the catperson with the little top hat especially. Do you get to choose which ingredients to mix to summon people?
Thank you, and yes! You choose two ingredients in the beginning which determines the character you get to interact with.

Fisseha
Projects: Fly Fly Fly, Grey Area, SICK, Raindrops, My Girlfriend Akane
Organization: Lonely Fish
Tumblr: PoissonMorts
Deviantart: MiyukiKudo(INACTIVE)
itch: FishPrincess

#8 Post by Fisseha »

:shock: What is this? I'm intrigued! :shock:

Anyway...
1) HEAVENS YES! Pixels are a nice way to make me nostalgic and probably more interested especially with games like this. For me, it makes it look more cute! For the limited colour palette, there is no problem with it as long as it doesn't blend too much with the BG/etc.

2) I'd love a romance option [even if it's a joke!] But you do you ;)
I'd like to take Fish head on a date uwu

3) I don't really have anymore feedback, but I'd like to see how the game turns out!
I'm an artist, and probably a weaboo.

makarune

#9 Post by makarune »

Fisseha wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:53 am :shock: What is this? I'm intrigued! :shock:

Anyway...
1) HEAVENS YES! Pixels are a nice way to make me nostalgic and probably more interested especially with games like this. For me, it makes it look more cute! For the limited colour palette, there is no problem with it as long as it doesn't blend too much with the BG/etc.

2) I'd love a romance option [even if it's a joke!] But you do you ;)
I'd like to take Fish head on a date uwu

3) I don't really have anymore feedback, but I'd like to see how the game turns out!
I'm glad this caught your interest, and thank you for the feedback!
I'll probably add in a romance option either in the actual game or as a bonus ^^

makarune

#10 Post by makarune »

Another talksprite done, and I'm halfway through one of the character's paths!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#11 Post by Zelan »

I love the pixel art style, your sprites are amazing! This game looks really cute, I hope to see more updates. (: