Part Time Romance [BxG][Point Based Romance]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
fatalblue

Part Time Romance [BxG][Point Based Romance]

#1 Post by fatalblue »

A simple and short point based romance I started back in 2017 but shelfed for various personal reasons a few weeks after beginning work on it. Now unshelfed I hopes to complete it in time for submission to Otomejam 2021. It follows you through a day at the mall after your friend bails on you. As you peruse through various shops you encounter some cute guys. Will anything come from these chance encounters?

The LIs are based off the members of my favorite musical group SHINee and in a way its a bit of a fan project. Of course you don't need to know a single thing about the group to play or enjoy this. Originally my first attempt at making a game in Ren'py it will end up being my second upon completion. My first game I hope to share with you all soon :wink:

Progress so far:
Coding: 98% {completed back in 2017 but requires some edits}
GUI: 75%
Sprites: 50%
Backgrounds: 100%
Story/Writing: 98% {completed back in 2017 but requires some edits}
Music: 0%

The only assets I can show right now are the backgrounds I've completed (see posts below for them) but I hopefully I will have in game screenshots with UI ready to show by next week. Sprites will be a little while longer as I'm saving work on then for last:

Update 6/2/21:
Decided to skip backgrounds today and tried my hand at mocking up a prelim UI design and Title design. Whether or not I'll stick with either UI or title design I do not know but I'm happy to be able to add some actual creative flare to this post ~!

Update 7/15/21
It's been a while but in short: No, I didn't make Otomejam but I've never stopped work on the game. Slowed a bit after missing the jam deadline but never stopped. My reason for no updates before the deadline was basically because all my free time was being used to try to get the game done in time. After was mostly just because I I didn't feel like I had anything worthwhile to share. In any case, this post is now updated with the game's official title art and the most recent post below you can see the new UI (It's been overhauled). I'm also half way done with the sprites but I'll save them for a later update when they're a bit more done!

Please enjoy my efforts to try and complete an old game in a month!
Last edited by fatalblue on Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 9 times in total.

fatalblue

Re: Part Time Romance [BxG][Point Based Romance]

#2 Post by fatalblue »

Finished Background:

Last edited by fatalblue on Mon May 31, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fatalblue

#3 Post by fatalblue »

New Backgrounds! Not as pleased with these as the previous ones but they'll have to do. That's 6 down and 5 to go!

fatalblue

Re: Part Time Romance [BxG][Point Based Romance][otomejam 2021]

#4 Post by fatalblue »

No updates doesn't mean no work! In-game UI is done (though I may adjust sizing for confirmation and notification screens) and prelim sprites designs are finished. Hopefully on the next update I can show some finished characters off.

My current crowning achievement though are character specific indicators for previously made choices! Thank you Ren'py Discord. With that little conundrum out the way I hope to solely focus on the sprites over the next few days and from there....everything else lol.

fatalblue

#5 Post by fatalblue »

Of all things I could get hung up on just before the jam deadline it was the UI and in the end I did a complete overhaul but I'm much happier with what I have now!

There are still some additional stuff I want to do with the UI but my intention for now is too make more head way with the sprites.