i got a problem

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Post Reply
Message
Author
mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

i got a problem

#1 Post by mahyuringon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:00 pm

i got a bug on the game ive made a flag or check point on a certain battle scene to mark the numbers of battle as means to count them and change the mobs/ enemies now the bug is when you proceed to the story for a while or your a bit far away from the previous battle scene when you press back or decided to back a missed story it gets you back the very start of the battle scene... how do i fix that? if you need to check out the game pm me i'll send you a link for you to see

please help :cry:

User avatar
SuperbowserX
Veteran
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#2 Post by SuperbowserX » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:01 am

Can you elaborate on your problem? Is what's going on that you're battle count is messing up when the player reverts checkpoints? Or is the battle count not maintaining itself properly?

mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#3 Post by mahyuringon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:14 am

SuperbowserX wrote:Can you elaborate on your problem? Is what's going on that you're battle count is messing up when the player reverts checkpoints? Or is the battle count not maintaining itself properly?
im not sure what creating the bug of return to the battle scene, im guessing since i added the checkpoints the bug was created

User avatar
SuperbowserX
Veteran
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#4 Post by SuperbowserX » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 am

Hi, I got your PM. Can you elaborate again and re-explain your problem? I can't exactly understand what the issue is. Is your battle counter not counting correctly?

User avatar
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 am
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question
Projects: Slumberland
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#5 Post by Donmai » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 am

mahyuringon wrote: when you press back or decided to back a missed story it gets you back the very start of the battle scene
Wiiiiiiiild guessing I would say mahyuringon is having a problem with roll back and variables.
Edit: hmm just noticed the same question was made here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43659
Image
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

User avatar
Saltome
Regular
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:07 pm
Deviantart: saltome
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#6 Post by Saltome » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 am

And here. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43620
Dude, how any threads are you gonna start for the same bug?

Bottom line is, if you can't explain the problem properly, at least show us the code.
This isn't some common issue with renpy, it's an issue with your implementation.
So I can't help you without seeing the actual code.
Phoenix Star - Persistence, perseverance, ambition.
...
Lost Legends
[VN][Fantasy][Open World]
Deviant Art: Image

User avatar
SuperbowserX
Veteran
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#7 Post by SuperbowserX » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:56 pm

I posted in one of your new threads to use this line of code after a point you don't want Ren'py to rollback to.

Code: Select all

$ renpy.block_rollback()

mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#8 Post by mahyuringon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Donmai wrote:
mahyuringon wrote: when you press back or decided to back a missed story it gets you back the very start of the battle scene
Wiiiiiiiild guessing I would say mahyuringon is having a problem with roll back and variables.
Edit: hmm just noticed the same question was made here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43659
nope its not roll back

User avatar
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 am
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question
Projects: Slumberland
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#9 Post by Donmai » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Good. I've seen that finally you gave us a good description of your problems, with script samples.
Now people won't have to continue wiiiiiiiiiiiiild guessing. :lol:
Image
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#10 Post by mahyuringon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Donmai wrote:Good. I've seen that finally you gave us a good description of your problems, with script samples.
Now people won't have to continue wiiiiiiiiiiiiild guessing. :lol:
huhuhueee im asamhed im terribly sorry and such a bother... please help me T_T

User avatar
Saltome
Regular
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:07 pm
Deviantart: saltome
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#11 Post by Saltome » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:20 pm

... I repeat.
We have no idea how you've implemented this alleged battle system. We can't simply begin to make assumptions as to what's wrong.
Now it's obvious you aren't capable of describing the problem accurately.
Why don't you at least provide us with the code, so we can see for ourselves?
Phoenix Star - Persistence, perseverance, ambition.
...
Lost Legends
[VN][Fantasy][Open World]
Deviant Art: Image

mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: i got a problem

#12 Post by mahyuringon » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Saltome wrote:... I repeat.
We have no idea how you've implemented this alleged battle system. We can't simply begin to make assumptions as to what's wrong.
Now it's obvious you aren't capable of describing the problem accurately.
Why don't you at least provide us with the code, so we can see for ourselves?
sorry bout that here are codes of the bAattle system ...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43659

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]