Point System with Ongoing Notification

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ariasune
Tumblr: ariasune
Deviantart: ariasune

Point System with Ongoing Notification

#1 Post by ariasune »

Hi there! I'm pretty new to ren'py, so I apologize if there's an intuitive solution to this.

I'm implementing a points system, and would like a way to immediately bring up a notification when certain levels of points are met, regardless of where and what a player is doing. Any ideas on how best to implement this?

RicharDann
Veteran

Re: Point System with Notification

#2 Post by RicharDann »

Well, Ren'Py has a function called renpy.notify that you can use to show a small notification box on a corner of the screen with any message you want. Depending on how you implement your point system you can call this function after you make a change to your points. If you want to modify how this screen looks like or how it appears, it can be found in screens.rpy file.here is more documentation on it.
The most important step is always the next one.