Animation filmstrip didn't play from the first frame

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
burststrike

Animation filmstrip didn't play from the first frame

#1 Post by burststrike »

Hello, this is my first time posting questions, sorry if my wording isn't appropriate enough. I'm faced with a problem that my filmstrip animation wouldn't play from the first frame, it only showed the last frame.

show expression (Zoomable(Frame(anim.Filmstrip(im.Rotozoom("assets/a0220e073fbc31aeedfb016bbb85518be8a3ee6aef86283f/5176-3-2_c3.jpg",90,1.0),(900,640),(16,1),0.125000,loop=False)))) at top as cg with dissolve

Before I added the loop=False, the scene played from the first frame properly, but after I added the loop=False, the scene only showed the last one. The scene should be played from the first frame with out looping. Or is it possible to set a pause between each loop ?

m_from_space
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Animation filmstrip didn't play from the first frame

#2 Post by m_from_space »

Your style reminds me of the programming language LISP. xD

But seriously, what is Zoomable()? I don't find it inside the renpy documentation. anim.Filmstrip() seems to be in a very out of date Renpy wiki.

Have you also tried creating an image or movie object first with this?