Movie not displaying upon execution

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
rainseed

Movie not displaying upon execution

#1 Post by rainseed »

I am having a similar problem just as everyone else is in regards to the video not displaying I execute the file in renpy, the audio can be heard from the video but all I can see is the background for the next sequence. I am using Renpy 6.12.1.1520 with an avi file that does have audio attached. However, instead of putting the time of the video and audio in the delay I put -1 so it should progress until the user clicks. Even when I set a valid delay however, like any number from 0 and up as the delay it still will not show it. The file works just fine in windows media player, can any one help me?

Code: Select all

label start: 

$ renpy.movie_cutscene ("intro movie.avi",delay=-1, loops=0, stop_music=True)

scene bg black
    play music "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai OST - Mitsudan-[www.flv2mp3.com].mp3"
    show hanyuu dark
    h "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."
    s "Who are you apologizing to?"

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Movie not displaying upon execution

#2 Post by Alex »

rainseed

Re: Movie not displaying upon execution

#3 Post by rainseed »

Thank you for attempting but I need to be able to use the file type I have already created, I uploaded it to youtube already but it seems on your referred thread that a solution has yet to be reached on that issue as well. Thank you for your time but I need some more assistance.