Japan Photos

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Kris Schnee

Japan Photos

#1 Post by Kris Schnee »

As a small contribution, I offer some photos from a recent trip to Japan, here.
Also some other photos here. If you want, you can use the ones that don't have people in them.

By the way, have you played Disgaea: Hour of Darkness? It was easy to mock up this with some graphics cribbed from it.
You may need to upgrade your government to enable this feature.

yuirei
Regular

#2 Post by yuirei »

I have watched the anime but not played the game.

(PS. I think this thread should go to Game-Makers' Corner since it's not directly related to Ren'Py. Btw cool pics you have there ^^)

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#3 Post by Alessio »

Very nice pictures, congrats! Pity I'm not planning stories set in Japan anytime soon, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of other takers. :)

Ukio
Regular

COOL!

#4 Post by Ukio »

WOW!! cool photos... really! I love Japan!!! but I cannot travel there now... (maybe in the near future... :cry: ) so... this is gold for me!! THANX for post this!
Just a question... If I want to use this images in some project... What I need from you? You know... copyright, credit, money... my body...jejjee :D )
Thanx again... see ya!
FEAR MY SKIRT, PREPARE FOR MY LEGS!

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#5 Post by Watercolorheart »

I am downloading them to look through them later, will give you my impressions then. If I remember.
I'm not even the same person anymore

Kris Schnee

#6 Post by Kris Schnee »

Just a question... If I want to use this images in some project... What I need from you? You know... copyright, credit, money... my body...jejjee Very Happy )
*Snicker* As long as the project isn't something dirty (think "past PG-13") or illegal, you can use them. Please give me credit somewhere, saying the photos are (c) me and that I wasn't otherwise involved with the project. And please don't use the ones with me/my family in them. Other than that, go ahead!
You may need to upgrade your government to enable this feature.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#7 Post by kara24601 »

Thanks so much for sharing the photos!
It's often hard , even at free pic sites , to find photos that would be good for a game....Ren'ai or otherwise. Alot of pics tend to either have too many people in them , ( even one or two people are too many in my opinion when it comes to looking for resources...a pic with people can be nice but not when you're wanting something without people in it ) , they are from weird angles , , aren't what you're looking for , or something like that.

I'm envious of anyone that has actually been to Japan.

Ukio
Regular

using photos...

#8 Post by Ukio »

Kris Schnee wrote:
Just a question... If I want to use this images in some project... What I need from you? You know... copyright, credit, money... my body...jejjee Very Happy )
*Snicker* As long as the project isn't something dirty (think "past PG-13") or illegal, you can use them. Please give me credit somewhere, saying the photos are (c) me and that I wasn't otherwise involved with the project. And please don't use the ones with me/my family in them. Other than that, go ahead!
OK... I'm trying to make a game depicting the incredible japanese culture... I'm investigating a lot about that... and no, there is no adult content in my game... Just love... daily human realtions... and maybe adventure... The main plot is about a girl (Misa)... her mother dies... his father is well... a bad father... and all is about how she is trying to get a life in a hard world... until her artist best friend (fightig with a society that refuse the Art as medium to live) fall in love with she...
I will send you notices if I have more data ok? :wink:

PD: again, sorry about my english... :oops:

Ukio
Regular

#9 Post by Ukio »

kara24601 wrote:I'm envious of anyone that has actually been to Japan.
Me too!!! snif snif... :cry:

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#10 Post by yummy »

If you wan't to go that badly, you'll have to learn japanese first because even if there are talentuous people in Japan who are proficient in foreign languages, most of japan people just can't understand english (which I use abroad).
There's an alternative solution, even if it's somewhat embarassing. I saw this on a commercial and it made me laugh at first, but then I thought "oh well, why not, plus it spares me some time".
If you have a digital camera, on your phone or on a camera, you can snap things around you, for exemple, the toilet, restaurant, airport, manga & anime store...

I recommend you Tokyo and its surroundings (hakone's onsen are great) or Kyoto for the surrealist landscapes and temples.