How to make a textbutton that jumps to a label?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ZaqazDeath
Regular

How to make a textbutton that jumps to a label?

#1 Post by ZaqazDeath »

Umm... Care to help a newbie? I have no experience in programming and I only know few ren'py commands.. Can you help me make a textbutton on the main menu that will jump to a label? :?: thanks! :D
Last edited by ZaqazDeath on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Another
Regular

Re: How to make a textbutton that jumps to a label?

#2 Post by Another »

Screens and screen actions are your friends for this. :D

Open the screens.rpy file, look for the Main Menu screen, and amongst the textbuttons defining the menu, add something like:

Code: Select all

textbutton "Chapter 2" action Jump("chapter2")

ZaqazDeath
Regular

#3 Post by ZaqazDeath »

Thanks! How do you people respond so quickly... :? Also how do you make the post solved? :oops:

Another
Regular

How to make the post solved?

#4 Post by Another »

I think you have to edit your original post and modify its subject manually (just add a [Solved] tag at the beginning). :wink:

ZaqazDeath
Regular

#5 Post by ZaqazDeath »

how do you edit the topic? xD I'm really new, this is like my first time in Lemma Soft.

Another
Regular

Re: How to edit the topic?

#6 Post by Another »

Once you've logged in, an "Edit" button will appear under every post you've made.

Click on the "Edit" button corresponding to the first post of this topic, where you asked your original question.

The subject of the topic will now appear in a text field. Just change it and click on the "Submit" button.

If LemmaSoft works like other forums I've joined, this should be enough (I'm not 100% sure, I've never started a topic here... :mrgreen: ).

ZaqazDeath
Regular

#7 Post by ZaqazDeath »

Nope. Can't find an edit button... Sorry... I also tried putting [solved] in the beginning of the first post (not the question you see in the forum) and it didn't work.. Also, YOU NEVER STARTED A TOPIC?

Another
Regular

#8 Post by Another »

And no, I've never started a topic on LemmaSoft... :lol: So far, all my posts are answers or comments and belong thus to already existing topics.

So, you've been able to edit your first post twice, but adding [solved] to its subject had no effect on the topic's subject? Mmmm... I'm sorry, I have no more idea... :(

Oh, don't worry too much, you may forget it. LemmaSoft has not many rules, and mentioning that a topic has been solved is definitely not one of them (the advisability of the Solved tag is even debatable, in truth).