Runtime error[solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Mild Curry
Regular
Projects: That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

Runtime error[solved]

#1 Post by Mild Curry »

So, the weirdest thing is happening with a little game I made. Instead of popping up with the normal error screen inside Renpy, it shows me this:
runtime error.png
I can't pin down exactly when it happens, because it happens at different places every time.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing it?
Last edited by Mild Curry on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Runtime error

#2 Post by PyTom »

Try grabbing the 6.13.8 beta.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

cracklings

#3 Post by cracklings »

Hey, I encountered this exact problem just now too!

This has never happened in the whole month I've been using it. It happened when I'm running my game and this would pop-out randomly and Windows would asked me if I want to close the program. I thought it could have been rectified by restarting, but it didn't.

Is it because there's a new version?

@PyTom, where can I get this version? The one on the download site is still 6.13.7 ~Sorry, I'm new at this.

EDIT: Okay, never mind. I saw the link on the forum. I don't usually like beta versions because they tend to be buggy, but it's better than the current version where I'm getting errors.

Mild Curry
Regular
Projects: That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#4 Post by Mild Curry »

Well the beta version cleared that right up, but if I wanted to release this game to an unsuspecting public, what would happen?

cracklings

#5 Post by cracklings »

Mild Curry wrote:Well the beta version cleared that right up, but if I wanted to release this game to an unsuspecting public, what would happen?
Yeah, it works fine for me too.

I still have ways to go with my game, so I'm likely to reach the point where the stable version of 6.13.8 is released. But if the unlikely event that I finish it before the final release, I'd build a distribution, test it in a different computer just to be sure I won't get those errors. But as I said, I'm new at this so I'm learning as I go.