This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:29 pm
- Location: Camelot the silly place
- Posts: 458
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:50 pm
- Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
- Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
- Organization: Starlight Melodies
- Tumblr: starlightmelodies
- Deviantart: cidthekitty
- Location: California, USA
WHAT!? YOU CAN DO THIS!? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW! thank you sooooooooo much for this! there were times i wanted to comment out only SOME lines but not all (i commented out all lines by going double clicking on the indent going to search find and replace all (with #) then selecting all the text and hittng indent >_> ) but this is so much easier! anyways, thanks for this tutorial! i skimmed over the stuff like "how to open/download renpy" and other stuff i knew but then i saw this gem under menus (since im a little still new with menus/variables) im sure ill learn a lot from this! I'm still kind of new to coding myself. <3Note:
jEdit has a handy feature for commenting out big amounts of code: select all the lines of code you want commented and, click on
Edit -> Source -> Line Comment.
It really saves time!
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:18 am
- Completed: Several.
- Projects: Several.
Princess Battles is in the last stages of development so I'll be pretty busy for the rest of this month, but after that I hope I'll finally manage to find some time to finish part 7 of the tutorial.
- michi 18
- Posts: 487
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:11 pm
- Completed: none at the moment's notice
- Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
- Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.
- Location: Philippines
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 am
- Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
- Organization: DarkErotica Games
- Deviantart: OokamiKasumi
- Location: NC, USA
You're going to have to be a heck of a lot more specific if you want us to be able to answer your question. For example: Post Step 3's instructions, the Code from your game, and the full page of the error you get.infiniterain wrote:Like, when I try to go to step three it doesn't work and neither does the rest it says it's an error or something could you please, please fix that? It's such a great tutorial.
Remember, this tutorial is posted on a Different Site -- not this one.
Most recent Games Completed:
- The Walk[Psychological][NanoWinter] ~ PG New!
- Trap! [ModernFantasy][VN] ~ PG16
- The Adventures of Prince Ivan [Fant/Adv/VN] ~ PG
"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar
I've gone through the Quickstart tutorial, making my own version of "The Question," and I'm currently working my way through the Ren'Py documentation, and the latter is making me want to tear my hair out. The documentation makes a bad habit referencing things that mean absolutely nothing to me, failing to define them for those people who are not only new to Ren'Py, but new to Python, or even scripting, period. An absolute beginner's tutorial that assumes that the reader knows absolutely nothing, and builds the reader's knowledge up, from that, is exactly what I needed! Thanks, again!
*Heads off to work through this thoughtful tutorial!*