(Solved) How to Enable Quick Menu Again

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

(Solved) How to Enable Quick Menu Again

#1 Post by kaleidofish »

This is part two of my other thread. Now that I've got what I wanted to work working perfectly, there's another problem...and that's that the quick menu has become disabled. This is probably because I did "hide screen main_menu" but if I don't hide the screen, then - see the link for that problem.

Not even right-clicking works. The only buttons available are Auto & Prefs.

I tried to turn the quick_menu into a variable with "if quick_menu: use quick_menu," then setting it to True on the Bonus page. Nothing happened. The quick menu only works when I click Start and go through the main story. It won't work for anything that's part of my Bonus page. I even tried having the script jump to a label in the middle of my script.rpy (where the main story is kept), but that didn't work either. The quick menu just refuses to work.

I need for the save/load features to work.

Thank you for your help! :D
Last edited by kaleidofish on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Mild Curry
Regular
Projects: That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

Re: How to Enable Quick Menu Again

#2 Post by Mild Curry »

Have no fear; the solution is actually quite easy!

Code: Select all

action Start("bonus")
The saving was disabled because Renpy was figuring you were still in the main menu, and therefore there was no game to speak of.
The above code will start a new game from the label 'bonus', which should let Renpy know you want to enable saves.

http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screen_actions.html#Start

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

Re: How to Enable Quick Menu Again

#3 Post by kaleidofish »

Oh, hey Mild Curry, you're back. I get the feeling this won't be the last time you'll rescue me from a coding problem. :lol: I would have been so lost without you. Thanks so much!
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Mild Curry
Regular
Projects: That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

Re: (Solved) How to Enable Quick Menu Again

#4 Post by Mild Curry »

*no problem, i'm just happy when I see people using renpy to add cool stuff to their games*