Cookbook Organized

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
SolarSnake

Cookbook Organized

#1 Post by SolarSnake »

Hi!

I've organized the cookbook on the wiki:

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/cookbook/Cookbook

I've also done a little bit of minor editing to some of the recipes. If everyone who's put a recipe up could check on it to make sure that I picked a suitable link title and didn't screw up the recipe, I'd be very grateful.

Also, if anyone has suggestions for better categorization, etc. that would be great too.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." —Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#2 Post by mikey »

Excellent. Finally! ^_^

My suggestion is putting the keywords in the individual categories first. So for instance:

Fullscreen - setting
Splashscreen - simple, while loading
Splashscreen - fancy, after loading
Transition - Flash
Transition - Noise

Maybe even having a special category for transitions would be good.

NetGenSuperstar
Regular

#3 Post by NetGenSuperstar »

It looks much better. People might actually find something now. :D

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

I see a "Discuss" link for each page. I suppose it could be used to add questions if something is not perfectly understood ?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by mikey »

I'm too scared to make pages and subpages, but SolarSnake, if you can, you can add the GR Blurry vision effect in there.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=981

SolarSnake

recipe up

#6 Post by SolarSnake »

It's really not that bad once you get used to the wiki code, but I can understand how it can be intimidating. Keep in mind, though, a wiki is versioned, so no matter what you do you can't screw it up permanently. In the worst case you'll just have to back out your changes.

Anyhow, I put the recipe up that you requested. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." —Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by mikey »

Perfect, thanks :)