Pygames for share...?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Nyu
Regular

Pygames for share...?

#1 Post by Nyu »

Hello guys! ^_^

I'm currently working on my new project right now, and I'm having a problem with these so called "pygames". Actually I've already used 1 of them once: the shooting game that we can find in the FRAMEWORKS of RenPy Wiki - http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Frameworks
I also did some researches about these minigames and know that they can be create using Python codes, with a certain knowledge in programming...which I don't really have much.

So I was wondering if anybody know where to find free pygames code that we can include in our renpy games... (any genres: dress up, shooting...)? I would really appreciate you sharing it.

Thanks a bunch for reading this!

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

Re: Pygames for share...?

#2 Post by FatUnicornGames »

I have found a few different things running around the forums. Mostly the puzzle tutorial and the hidden object code. I have seen a couple in the frameworks section. I was bumping this thread because I was curious if people knew of any more that I (or other people) could implement? I am going to need premade code that I can adjust quite frankly. Thanks for any help.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Showsni »

Try googling pygame. I found some games here:
http://inventwithpython.com/pygame/source/
that are under the CC Attribute, Noncommercial Share-Alike licence. There's also a book there to help you make games!

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#4 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Awesome. I am making a commercial game, but at least it will give me ideas. :D

Thanks so much.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-