Edit script and window error

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
failen-moon

Edit script and window error

#1 Post by failen-moon »

I am new to the forum as much as I am new to Ren'Py.

I tried to open Edit Script, but everytimes I open it, it keep saying Error Launching the editor failed.

And when I open the renpy.exe.log, there's a traceback message:

Code: Select all

File "D:\ST1\ST's\Renpy\renpy-6.13.12\renpy\editor.py", line 146, in launch_editor
  File "D:\ST1\ST's\Renpy\renpy-6.13.12\launcher\jEdit.edit.py", line 40, in end
  File "subprocess.pyo", line 623, in __init__
  File "subprocess.pyo", line 833, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Thank you for reading.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Edit script and window error

#2 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I'm no expert that can tell from the error code, but most of the time, people have errors for not having Java installed. J-Edit needs java to run.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

failen-moon

#3 Post by failen-moon »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:I'm no expert that can tell from the error code, but most of the time, people have errors for not having Java installed. J-Edit needs java to run.
Oh thank you so much ! I installed Java and it works !~

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#4 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Great to hear! :mrgreen:
Looks like I lucked out this time...
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.