How to Customize Textbox and Choice menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
serene-artist
Regular
Completed: Wolfram's Birthday Present
Projects: BL Academy

How to Customize Textbox and Choice menu

#1 Post by serene-artist »

Hey everyone,

My friends and I are having some trouble on designing the textbox and choice menu. I don't know if there are any tutorials around already, but since this is probably a complicated request, any help would be appreciated!!

We want our main protagonist to appear on the bottom-right corner of the screen along with his own box (see image for reference) so it shows his expressions along with the dialog.

We also want our choice menu to appear on the bottom-right side above the protagonist. (see image)

I know these seem like a lot of work to explain, but we really need to know! Please help us make this game, we'd really appreciate it! I want everyone to play it too......Thanks in advance!!!!!
Attachments
how do this.png

miaverana
Regular
Completed: Nothing at all~ ^w^
Projects: Amy's Super Life, Princess of the Death (belong to Princesses Series)
Organization: ~o0o Valonia o0o~

Re: How to Customize Textbox and Choice menu

#2 Post by miaverana »

There are two tutorials in the Cookbook already ^^".
Customize textbox
Customize menus
Next time, search carefully before you ask something, and this is not the asking place anyway ^^".

serene-artist
Regular
Completed: Wolfram's Birthday Present
Projects: BL Academy

#3 Post by serene-artist »

miaverana wrote:There are two tutorials in the Cookbook already ^^".
Customize textbox
Customize menus
Next time, search carefully before you ask something, and this is not the asking place anyway ^^".
Thanks so much, sorry about that. Pretty new here hahaha. Can you tell me where the asking place is? I have a few more questions :)

miaverana
Regular
Completed: Nothing at all~ ^w^
Projects: Amy's Super Life, Princess of the Death (belong to Princesses Series)
Organization: ~o0o Valonia o0o~

#4 Post by miaverana »

serene-artist wrote:
miaverana wrote:There are two tutorials in the Cookbook already ^^".
Customize textbox
Customize menus
Thanks so much, sorry about that. Pretty new here hahaha. Can you tell me where the asking place is? I have a few more questions :)
It's at Questions and announcements section. Cookbook if only for tutorials :3.

tohtamish
Regular

#5 Post by tohtamish »

Is it possible to make main textbox dynamically sizing according to the text size? If one string - and textbox is small just enough to show it, if large text - and textbox expanding to show all strings (current textbox doesn't show strings which are cut if text is large). The problem is graphic .png file that cannot be "expaneded".