Disappearing CTC icon?! D:

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
bchan009

Disappearing CTC icon?! D:

#1 Post by bchan009 »

Hi!

I made an animated ctc icon using this code:

Code: Select all

image ctc_icon:
    "ui/ctc_icon.png"
    easein 1.0 alpha 0.0
    easeout 1.0 alpha 1.0
    pause 2.0
    repeat
Then I put it inside the character line like so:

define m = Character('Mie', ctc="ctc_icon", window_background = "ui/window-purple.png")
This works great and the CTC icon shows up at the end of a text line. But now I want it to show up in the lower right hand corner of the window. So I add

ctc_position = "fixed"

But when I add that command, my CTC icon just disappears. What am I doing wrong? =(

Also, is there way to define a CTC icon for "say_thought"? My narrator isn't defined as a character.

Thanks!

apricotorange
Veteran

Re: Disappearing CTC icon?! D:

#2 Post by apricotorange »

If you don't specify a "pos" style on a fixed ctc, it's likely just sitting in the top-left corner of the screen.

Redefining the narrator is trivial:

define narrator = Character(None, kind=adv, what_style='say_thought', ctc="ctc_icon")

bchan009

Re: Disappearing CTC icon?! D:

#3 Post by bchan009 »

Thanks for the quick reply! I got it all working! =)