NVL style menu is "normal" mode?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
seldompie

NVL style menu is "normal" mode?

#1 Post by seldompie »

Hi there,

I'm making a game that uses nvl mode for most things, but want to have a "battle screen" that uses the normal renpy screen layout, so I can have a nice unobstructed view of the image of the opponat I have displaying. I did this fine and easy by having a non-nvl declared character to use for the battle descriptions and stuff, and it all works fine. The only problem is the menus still appear at the top of the screen, with the nvl greyout. I tried changing it to switch back to the standard menu display for the menus in the battle sections, but that doesn't look so good either.

What I'd really like is to have the nvl menu layout for the battle, just appearing at the bottom of the screen as the rest of the text does.

Is there a simple way to do this, or am I going to have to bite the bullet and learn how to do custom menus?

hope this makes sense, I can provide screen shots if not.

UmiLion

Re: NVL style menu is "normal" mode?

#2 Post by UmiLion »

You can provide us some screenshots, I actually know your problem but maybe you could provide us screenshots of your problems.