config.window_icon

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

config.window_icon

#1 Post by monele »

Hmm... It doesn't seem to work ^^;... I tried it with a gif, a png, an ico (which doesn't work) and even when it does run the game, the icon is still the default winapp icon :(... Is there a specific format to use?

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by DaFool »

monele, I couldn't think of another way to do this...here are the lint-correct and spell-checked scripts which have changed. If you had modified them already, you may need to cut and paste the modifications.
Last edited by DaFool on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

The license file...

Hmmm...I tried building distro but even though I was using 6.1.0c I still get the crappy error
I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

ScriptError: Name ('/home/tom/ab/renpy/data/script_version.rpy', 1173291159, 0) is defined twice: at renpy-6.1.0/data/script_version.rpy:1 and renpy-6.1.0/data/script_version.rpy:1.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Documents and Settings\****\Desktop\MagBou\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 166, in bootstrap
File "C:\Documents and Settings\****\Desktop\MagBou\renpy\main.py", line 219, in main
File "C:\Documents and Settings\****\Desktop\MagBou\renpy\script.py", line 439, in load_script
File "C:\Documents and Settings\****\Desktop\MagBou\renpy\script.py", line 156, in __init__
File "C:\Documents and Settings\****\Desktop\MagBou\renpy\script.py", line 319, in load_file
ScriptError: Name ('/home/tom/ab/renpy/data/script_version.rpy', 1173291159, 0) is defined twice: at renpy-6.1.0/data/script_version.rpy:1 and renpy-6.1.0/data/script_version.rpy:1.

While loading the script.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.1.0c
Looks familiar? :? This is with an obfuscated archive. Launching the game folder still works...strange.
Last edited by DaFool on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

Received? I'll edit to remove the attachments once released (sorry for abusing your server, PyTom...I'm just tired of megaupload)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by monele »

Yep, got it all. You can delete :)

alshapton
Regular

Icon format

#6 Post by alshapton »

Does there hve to be a specifi icon format - 48x48, XP format etc etc?

I tried all sorts and couldnt get it to work at all.

Maybe Im doing something wrong.....

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by monele »

I still don't know :(... It says "an image"... so it should supposedly work with anything from jpg to png... Just not ICO, since Ren'Py doesn't seem to know how to read them. As for the size and number of colors, I have no idea. I noticed both my 16 and 256 colors pics were displayed in the application bar, but not on the application window..... except *once*... I don't know why it worked that time ô_o;;...
Oh and also, even when displayed, they tend to have some corrupted pixels. Weird.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#8 Post by PyTom »

It should work with any image. I just made a change that will hopefully-maybe make window_icon work a little better.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by monele »

Yay ^^. I just realized it was the last "pro" touch that was missing :)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#10 Post by PyTom »

I actually don't know what the right size for the window icon is. It's not being scaled correctly on windows, since different versions of windows use different icon sizes. 32x32 is probably okay, and I'd go with a solid background, and realize a small icon will look a bit ugly on the mac.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom