Does Ren'Py support Live 2D?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
asfdfdfd
Github: asfdfdfd

Re: Does Ren'Py support Live 2D?

#121 Post by asfdfdfd »

ArizaLuca wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:21 pm Hi;

in the GitHub thing it says to apply a patch:
Hey.

This is 'Building' section. It exists for people who wants to participate in development of module. If you want to try it just as user then follow instructions at 'Installing' section.

TakeHomeTheCup

#122 Post by TakeHomeTheCup »

Has anyone managed to build the extension for Windows? I'm having trouble with it. Every time I run Ren'Py, it says it can't find a DLL.
I tried the release build and it runs... Though it can't load the model for me.

asfdfdfd

#123 Post by asfdfdfd »

TakeHomeTheCup wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm Has anyone managed to build the extension for Windows? I'm having trouble with it. Every time I run Ren'Py, it says it can't find a DLL.
Could you upload complete error log please?
TakeHomeTheCup wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm I tried the release build and it runs... Though it can't load the model for me.
I'm here to answer questions about this module so if you provide more details we could figure something out. :) Probably you may upload your test project somewhere.

TakeHomeTheCup

#124 Post by TakeHomeTheCup »

Oh, thanks.
Here's the log: Google Drive
And here's a link to the project: Google Drive

ArizaLuca
Veteran
Completed: Through the Screen, Riddle Me This, Trust Fall, Phobias, Another Adventure
Projects: The Souls in the Seams, Fata Morgana, Minecraft: Story Mode - Behind the Scenes
Organization: Astral Autumn Games
Tumblr: astralautumngames
Deviantart: ArizaLuca
itch: astralautumngames

#125 Post by ArizaLuca »

asfdfdfd wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:47 am
ArizaLuca wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:21 pm Hi;

in the GitHub thing it says to apply a patch:
Hey.

This is 'Building' section. It exists for people who wants to participate in development of module. If you want to try it just as user then follow instructions at 'Installing' section.
Thank you very much for that. It says you need to have the Live2D be a JSON file in the usage thing (specifically 'model3.json'); how do you export it like that? I only see moc3 files.

Also, for the 'motion group', are those default animations? I have special animations for the model I am using that I created.

Thanks.

TakeHomeTheCup

#126 Post by TakeHomeTheCup »

ArizaLuca wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 am Thank you very much for that. It says you need to have the Live2D be a JSON file in the usage thing (specifically 'model3.json'); how do you export it like that? I only see moc3 files.

Also, for the 'motion group', are those default animations? I have special animations for the model I am using that I created.

Thanks.
Press on File -> Export for Runtime -> Export as moc3 file.
It should create the json files too.

ArizaLuca
Veteran
Completed: Through the Screen, Riddle Me This, Trust Fall, Phobias, Another Adventure
Projects: The Souls in the Seams, Fata Morgana, Minecraft: Story Mode - Behind the Scenes
Organization: Astral Autumn Games
Tumblr: astralautumngames
Deviantart: ArizaLuca
itch: astralautumngames

#127 Post by ArizaLuca »

TakeHomeTheCup wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:29 am Press on File -> Export for Runtime -> Export as moc3 file.
It should create the json files too.
Yes, but I also have my own personal default animations. Is there a way to export those as well?

Also, can I display multiple Live2D sprites at the same time?

Settle for Pocky
Regular

#128 Post by Settle for Pocky »

Hey I'm sorry if this a stupid question but just found this thread (and lucky to) and trying to work my way backwards to get a version going on my mac. Can anyone do a quick "how-to" on that, sorry if this isn't pushing the conversation forward but may help others like me who are starting.

(you can also say "shut up, the programmers are talking," either one works)

you guys are awesome,
Patrick B.

asfdfdfd

#129 Post by asfdfdfd »

TakeHomeTheCup wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:32 pm Oh, thanks.
Here's the log: Google Drive
And here's a link to the project: Google Drive
Error will disappear If you replace 'pyd' file in your example with prebuilt one from 'releases' page. It seems that you have tried to build module by yourself and somehow it goes wrong. Please double check that you have followed manual. Every step is super important. Even software versions.

asfdfdfd

#130 Post by asfdfdfd »

TakeHomeTheCup wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm Has anyone managed to build the extension for Windows? I'm having trouble with it. Every time I run Ren'Py, it says it can't find a DLL.
I tried the release build and it runs... Though it can't load the model for me.
Oh. I read you carelessly. You have tried to build module by yourself actually. So. As the first step check that you use the same versions of Python and MSVC as i've used (also they should be 32-bit). If you have installed them and you have other versions of MSVC and Python check that build process called required software versions and not yours.
Last edited by asfdfdfd on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

asfdfdfd

#131 Post by asfdfdfd »

ArizaLuca wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm Yes, but I also have my own personal default animations. Is there a way to export those as well?
As for now Cubism SDK supports switching motions and expressions. So if you constructed your animations as motions or expressions you could call them with 'start_motion' or 'set_expression' methods.
ArizaLuca wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm Also, can I display multiple Live2D sprites at the same time?
As for now there is no convenient way to do this but i could suggest two hacks:
1. Call 'scene.create_model' twice. It will add two models on scene. But this method is not really useful because all models will be placed on top of each other. Positioning of models inside scene is not ready yet.
2. You may create two Live2DDisplayable instances and position them as regular displayables via RenPy methods. But this method will be pretty slow and FPS may be low.

asfdfdfd

#132 Post by asfdfdfd »

Settle for Pocky wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:52 am Hey I'm sorry if this a stupid question but just found this thread (and lucky to) and trying to work my way backwards to get a version going on my mac. Can anyone do a quick "how-to" on that, sorry if this isn't pushing the conversation forward but may help others like me who are starting.

(you can also say "shut up, the programmers are talking," either one works)

you guys are awesome,
Patrick B.
Hey, no problem. Just follow "Installing" section of the manual. Ask here if you will have any problems.

Settle for Pocky
Regular

#133 Post by Settle for Pocky »

https://vimeo.com/296234331

This is as far as I got "comfortably" before getting a bit lost. Didn't want to bloat this thread so I gave you a pm

thanks,
Patrick B.

Mole-chan
Veteran
Completed: DUAEL, Escape from Puzzlegate
Projects: A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings
Deviantart: mole-chan
itch: moleworks

#134 Post by Mole-chan »

Have there been any updates on this? I just ask because it's been a while, and intriguing some features (getting rid of the black background, multiple sprites) sounded like they were still on the docket.

asfdfdfd

#135 Post by asfdfdfd »

Mole-chan wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:50 pm Have there been any updates on this? I just ask because it's been a while, and intriguing some features (getting rid of the black background, multiple sprites) sounded like they were still on the docket.
There is no progress as i've buried under pile of work. I have plans to resume Live2D project in 2019 but no ETA as usual.