Does Ren'Py support Live 2D?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Georgel
Organization: Seventh Heart Sudios

Re: Does Ren'Py support Live 2D?

#76 Post by Georgel »

One thing that might come in handy with adding a plugin / module for live2d is voice sync.

Exporting movies is good, but live2d should also have an auto voice sync feature which doesn't appear to be as simply to use without it's native module.

renoa-heartilly
Regular
Completed: مقهى الضائعون, Arabic Translations for Ren'py, Pretty Please
Projects: حور, BB project, dentist drama
Organization: stanza studio (creative circle)

#77 Post by renoa-heartilly »

hello friends :D
so a while ago Live2D Cubism was updated and they announced that the SDKs for "native development" are now on Github , i'm not sure what that means exactly, so maybe someone who knows more can take a look at their page and tell us if we can now develop something to bridge Live2D with Ren'py?
their main download page is here(the free version seems like it's gonna drop next year, but for now there's about 40 days of free trial)
their github page is here, i don't understand most of what is happening there :shock:

SeventhHeart
Projects: Eternal Hour, Quantum Magica
Organization: Seventh Heart Studios
Soundcloud: seventh-heart-studio

#78 Post by SeventhHeart »

Woah

If there is a chance that Ren;py could support live2d natively, that would be quite awesome!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#79 Post by PyTom »

It looks like while I couldn't distribute this with Ren'Py, I could probably make it available as a separate download. I need to look at this code closer, to make sure - but yeah, it looks like this is the path to get Live2D in Ren'Py.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

renoa-heartilly
Regular

#80 Post by renoa-heartilly »

PyTom wrote:It looks like while I couldn't distribute this with Ren'Py, I could probably make it available as a separate download. I need to look at this code closer, to make sure - but yeah, it looks like this is the path to get Live2D in Ren'Py.

shakeyss
Projects: Moonlit Tears
Organization: Digilikha Studios
Soundcloud: shakeyss
itch: digilikha

#81 Post by shakeyss »

PyTom wrote:It looks like while I couldn't distribute this with Ren'Py, I could probably make it available as a separate download. I need to look at this code closer, to make sure - but yeah, it looks like this is the path to get Live2D in Ren'Py.
NOW I'M GETTING HYPED

Pearchy
Deviantart: Pearchy
Github: Pearchy
Soundcloud: Pearchy_anime_music
itch: Pearchy

#82 Post by Pearchy »

I know that TyranoBuilder supports Live2D but isn't there components/plugin for Live2D that maybe we can add to Ren'py? I'm still not sure if we can do that but add components from this page maybe?

The Monkey Ninja
Regular
Projects: 3^07, OneTimeValentine, OtomeDesign
Organization: MooseCake Productions
Deviantart: the-monkey-ninja

#83 Post by The Monkey Ninja »

PyTom wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:02 pm It looks like while I couldn't distribute this with Ren'Py, I could probably make it available as a separate download. I need to look at this code closer, to make sure - but yeah, it looks like this is the path to get Live2D in Ren'Py.
Hello! I wanted to ask, is there any update on this?
I've been looking around everywhere to see if Ren'py supports Live2D yet or if there is a separate plugin that can be downloaded (or code that could be implemented into a script) but haven't been able to find one... so just in case there is and I've just missed it... is there a plugin? XD If not, would it be possible to contact Live2D themselves to allow support for Renpy?
--
Cloaks are wonderful things~ <3

My DA page for all my art:
http://the-monkey-ninja.deviantart.com/

Ex-Nanoreno2017 game One Time Valentine has a (very rough) demo out now!
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43314

iichan_lolbot
Veteran
Projects: iichan erogame

#84 Post by iichan_lolbot »

PyTom wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:02 pm It looks like while I couldn't distribute this with Ren'Py, I could probably make it available as a separate download. I need to look at this code closer, to make sure - but yeah, it looks like this is the path to get Live2D in Ren'Py.
Are there any news?

asfdfdfd
Github: asfdfdfd

#85 Post by asfdfdfd »

Hi.

I've spent several days and made PoC integration of Live2D with RenPy. It is far from production-ready condition. Just simple draft.

Are there many people who are really interested in Live2D inside RenPy? Is it worth spend more time on this project?

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#86 Post by Morhighan »

asfdfdfd wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:40 pm Are there many people who are really interested in Live2D inside RenPy? Is it worth spend more time on this project?
I for one am very interested in this, and I know that a good number of developers are as well. I really like how it looks so far and I hope to see more from you. :)

renoa-heartilly
Regular

#87 Post by renoa-heartilly »

asfdfdfd wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:40 pm Hi.

I've spent several days and made PoC integration of Live2D with RenPy. It is far from production-ready condition. Just simple draft.

Are there many people who are really interested in Live2D inside RenPy? Is it worth spend more time on this project?
count me in as interested!
how did you display the model files? video export? :shock: :!:

asfdfdfd

#88 Post by asfdfdfd »

renoa-heartilly wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:43 pm how did you display the model files? video export? :shock: :!:
Nope. This is direct usage of Live2D assets (moc3, motions etc) through official CubismNativeFramework, couple of wrappers and a bit of custom OpenGL code.

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

#89 Post by Andredron »

asfdfdfd wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:58 pm
renoa-heartilly wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:43 pm how did you display the model files? video export? :shock: :!:
Nope. This is direct usage of Live2D assets (moc3, motions etc) through official CubismNativeFramework, couple of wrappers and a bit of custom OpenGL code.
th! cool! it seems that tyranobilder will soon begin to smoke nervously. Can you tell me how you ported that code from the githab? I tried to port it, but because of the low level, I even could not move ....

How I understood there without with с++ did not manage, or you modules used?

asfdfdfd

#90 Post by asfdfdfd »

Andredron wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:31 pm th! cool! it seems that tyranobilder will soon begin to smoke nervously. Can you tell me how you ported that code from the githab? I tried to port it, but because of the low level, I even could not move ....

How I understood there without with с++ did not manage, or you modules used?
Solution is pretty straightforward but has several bumps on the way. I will opensource it later (no specific date, sorry, still requires a bit of work to be published) so everyone could try and improve.

Short description:
1. Live2D has two official libraries: Core and Framework. Core is closed source pure-C library. Framework is C++ opensource library that built atop of Core.
2. Framework has OpenGL rendering code that renders model on screen.
3. I've used Cython and a bit of custom C++ code to create Framework wrapper that compiles to binary Python module.
4. Next I've wrapped Live2D rendering so it renders to the FBO instead of screen.
5. At last i've wrote code that converts pixels from FBO to the RenPy render surface.