RPG Frame

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Saica

RPG Frame

#1 Post by Saica »

Hello!

I'm in the middle of making my Visual Novel (Otome game) and I would like it to include a RPG frame.
I know there's a frame here: http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/coo ... e_for_RPGs
But it's not really making any sense to me...
(Oh, I would like to use this in a commercial game)

Does anyone have another frame I could use?

I'd also like to include skills, weapons, items etc. That the player can use, if you know how to do that too.

So... What I'm looking for is anything, any coding that could be useful in creating RPG elements in the game

I'm sorry for being confusing, I'm pretty new to this and english isn't my first language D:

Please ask if you have any questions!

/Saica

RangerDanger
Regular

Re: RPG Frame

#2 Post by RangerDanger »

Are you looking for something like this? http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=19245

Saica

#3 Post by Saica »

Ohhh yess thank you! I'll see if you can make some sense out of it ^^
Though, is there a way to use this without the crawling dungeon?

/Saica

kankan
Regular

#4 Post by kankan »

If you're going to use the dungeon crawling frame without the actual dungeon, you pretty much just need the three variables under the first init, the class definitions under the second init, all of the screens except for "move", and the battle label.

There's a few useful things for inventories in the cookbook like this system. If you're pretty new to coding, I'd say to try out Jake's system here (I haven't looked at it lately, but I think he might have an inventory in that as well?) and see if that'll work for you. And if not that, try looking up something like "how to make python rpg" on a search engine. There's a few tutorials for text-based rpgs right on the top of Google's search like this, but make sure you don't outright copy their codes!

Saica

#5 Post by Saica »

Thank you so much for the help!