help!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Karils99

help!

#1 Post by Karils99 »

I downloaded Realizations for Mac on Renai.us and all i got was the disk image! what do i do?

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by DaFool »

Don't have a mac, but you should have an archive uncompresser / unzipping utility.

Extract the archive before running from within its folder.

Jake
Support Hero

Re: help!

#3 Post by Jake »

Karils99 wrote:I downloaded Realizations for Mac on Renai.us and all i got was the disk image! what do i do?
Are you sure? The Mac download link I'm seeing points to a .zip file...

NextGenSuperstar suggests his Mac opens zip files fine (double-click in Finder) - so if that works for you, that's the answer. It should extract to a new folder with the same name as the zip in the same place the zip was in. Go into that folder and double-click the 'Realizations' app with the Ren'Py icon to start the game.

On the other hand, I know I've seen a couple which don't, out of the box. If that's the case, you'll need a utility to open zips. Stuffit Expander is one such utility; no guarantees it's the best one, but it works.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Candle
Regular

#4 Post by Candle »

Administrator @ Adventure Maker