Dragging and triggering animation

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Xipomus

Dragging and triggering animation

#1 Post by Xipomus »

Hello,

I'm trying to build more interactivity in the dragging and such of things.

What i'm trying to do is have the player open a curtain by click, holding and draggint till the end.
If the player release before the end, the curtain moves back to it's closed position.

I've been looking and testing with several of Renpy's features and some python but haven't had any luck in confirming that it can be done like this.

If someone could help me look in the right direction, I would be most obliged.

Thanks in Advance.

Xip

jesusalva
Regular
Organization: Software in Public Interest, Inc.
IRC Nick: jesusalva
Github: pazkero
itch: tmw2
Discord: Jesusalva#4449

Re: Dragging and triggering animation

#2 Post by jesusalva »

Uh... No Idea... I couldn't do it. but maybe you should seek for x and y variables in the drag? that is, us defined with sucess the drag_name, and the script can get the data, maybe you should use the same thing, but with x and y variables.

Sorry, I have no idea, but there is a page about draggables in Ren'Py Documentation:
http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/drag_drop.html
it explains how use it, I'm sure you will figure out.
Jesusaves/Jesusalva