Ren'Py 4.0 Released!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Ren'Py 4.0 Released!

#1 Post by PyTom »

Well, I'm pleased to announce the release of Ren'Py 4.0. This is the first real release of the new codebase, and contains a signficant number of new features relative to the preview release. Notable among them are loading and saving, transition s, predictive loading, styles, and music support.

You can get this new release from:

http://www.bishoujo.us/renpy/

This release should be considered stable, and it is the preferred platform for developing Ren'Py games. I'd encourage people who are interested in developing their own games to download this release and try it out. Let me know if there are any missing features you consider to be vital. I hope that the use of an executable script will minimize the effort needed to create a visual novel game.

As for me, I plan to burn off the games in my queue (finally playing River Trap), and then to begin work on my own game. I'll also be monitoring my email, IM, and these forums, for people who need help getting used to the new Ren'Py.
Last edited by PyTom on Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyler
Regular

#2 Post by Tyler »

Great! Good work PyTom :D

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#3 Post by Blue Lemma »

Looks like you have nice instructions/documentation, too! :D *clap clap clap*

snowshine
Regular