Q/A: Obfuscating Images

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
snowshine
Regular

#16 Post by snowshine »

Tee-hee, this is Vietnames language. In my country, most of player don't know what Ren'ai game is. Because I want disseminate this sort of game, I used our language to my Web and "Buried". Definitely, I'll translate into English.

How kind you are, PyTom! I'm very happy if you're my editor. But I'm all right. You was very busy with Ren'py and your game. So, I don't want you to be fully occupied ^__^. I'll do my best. Because I know, you and everyone are trying hard to work.
Last edited by snowshine on Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#17 Post by Sai »

Nice to hear there'll be an English version sometime in the future. Thanks for your efforts ^^

snowshine
Regular

#18 Post by snowshine »

There's a problem! Last time, after I run archive.bat and create images.rpa, images.rpi, I though it's OK. But, today, I try deleting the .jpg and .png files from the game directory. Then, the game didn't run.

What should I do, PyTom :cry: ?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#19 Post by PyTom »

Did you add:

Code: Select all

init:
    config.archives = [ 'images' ]
To your game script?

snowshine
Regular

#20 Post by snowshine »

Yes, I did. The error message is :" JPEG load error."

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#21 Post by PyTom »

I'm a stupid idiot. I typed "rd" instead of "rb" as a file mode in the archiver.py script, leading to the obvious errors when running on Windows.

I've uploaded a fixed version of archiver.exe to bishoujo.us. You can get it by going to

http://www.bishoujo.us/tmp/archiver.exe

Just drop it in on top of the existing archiver program, rebuild the archives, and the new archives should work.

Sorry about this, it's a stupid mistake that I failed to catch since I didn't test enough on Windows. It'll be fixed in the 4.2 release, whenever I bother cutting it.

Oh, in the future, copy in the contents of traceback.txt when a problem happens, as it sometimes can make it easier for me to diagnose what went wrong. :)

#22 Post by Guest »

PyTom, I'm sorry. My computer had been broken, so I can't reply you. Because all documents in my computer were lost, even the game I'm making, I have depressed recently :cry: . But, I'm alright now. I'll work more hard. My game will restart.
I did download Ren'py 4.2. Wow! It run smoothly. I'm happy :lol:. Congratulation!

snowshine
Regular

#23 Post by snowshine »

That Guest is me! :lol: