Help with Image Maps?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Boo

Help with Image Maps?

#1 Post by Boo »

I'm trying to create an image map with Photoshop using my own buttons, but I'm not sure how to find the 'location' of the buttons.
How can this be done? If it's not possible in Photoshop, is there a programme available that can do it?
Thanks!

Jake
Support Hero

Re: Help with Image Maps?

#2 Post by Jake »

Boo wrote:I'm trying to create an image map with Photoshop using my own buttons, but I'm not sure how to find the 'location' of the buttons.
IIRC, there's a small bar as part of the status bar at the bottom in Photoshop which normally displays something like "Document w:12.45cm h:8.30cm" - if you right-click it, I think, you can choose to display one of many options, one of which shows you the current tool [mouse cursor] position in the document. But I don't have it open in front of me right now to reference.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

J13
Regular

#3 Post by J13 »

Dunno if this is what you mean. But when setting the button positions i used an image filled with only one color as the second image, that way when i moused over the rough area i could see how much i would need to adjust the postion to get everything where i wanted it.

On another note if you just want buttons, it may be better to use UI functions, they're more difficult to get to grips with but far more versatile.