Q/A: Run Game.exe icon

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#31 Post by PyTom »

Yes (probably). The only important thing missing is psyco, and that's only used to make things run a bit faster. If you want to go and get it, you can probably download it from (IIRC, psyco.sf.net).

Tage
Regular

#32 Post by Tage »

Okay, cool. Thanks

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#33 Post by PyTom »

As of versions 4.4.1 and later of Ren'Py, I am now strongly reccomending against building your own exe, and I will be removing the build_exe script from the distribution. The reason for this is that for the best sound, Ren'Py relies of specific versions of DLLs, and it's fairly complicated to ensure that you have all the proper DLLs on your system.

http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d7resourceexplorer.htm

Instead of rebuilding the binaries yourself, I recommend using PE Resource Explorer to go and edit the icon in the provided binaries, at least for the time being.

If they release a pygame package with more modern libraries, I may revisit this.

Tage
Regular

#34 Post by Tage »

AAhhh, duuhh... *smacks himself in the forehead* That's a whole lot easier too, lol.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#35 Post by Megaman Z »

anyone trying to use the link two posts above me try using this one instead.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:hf ... orer&hl=en

(gotta love google for stuff like this...)
~Kitsune Zeta