"Look around" parallax possible?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
LabaroDD
Regular

Re: "Look around" parallax possible?

#16 Post by LabaroDD »

Hello everyone and sorry for necro x)
Could anyone help me? I wanted to add a few different parallaxes in my visual novel and I stucked with it:
1st) looking around without y direction (I used a method that hassohappa explained) - it's very long scene, so here is no need for y
2nd) looking around in y and x directions - this scene is square, so I need to parallax it in two directions.
Here is a way to define two parallaxes at the same time?

EasyRhysie

#17 Post by EasyRhysie »

The same problem here. Still didn't find any solution, but I'll search for it more.

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by gas »

Now you have viewports, and the edgescroll property so they scroll by moving the mouse alone.
Look at the documentation, SCREEN AND SCREEN LANGUAGE, "viewport".

It's 2017, I think the thread was opened when no screen language was around XD.

Anyway, how about touchscreens :)?
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

#19 Post by Geckos »

Got this mostly working thanks to this thread, but I seem to only be able to display images on layers 'front' and 'inyourface'? The images on other layers do not appear at all.
Image ImageImage