assign pixels to click region and use multiple video clips.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
kre8or

assign pixels to click region and use multiple video clips.

#1 Post by kre8or »

Hi, I'm not a good programmer so I was wondering before I learn the software if some things are possible to do without too much trouble. First I was wondering if you could draw a section around an item in an image... lets say keys on a desk the player must click to obtain before they can open a door to the room. Click the door after and it opens up.

Also, lets say I wanted the majority of the game to be video... at least for animation. Would it be seamless to do this or would there be long load times between clips as they play?

Thank you for your help. If you know any of this it will save me a lot of time finding out on my own. I might not be able to use the program for what I want to do.

Thanks again. :)

Elmiwisa
Veteran

Re: assign pixels to click region and use multiple video cli

#2 Post by Elmiwisa »

First one is impossible by Ren'Py, or any software: what, exactly, is an "item", in a precise mathematical definition? Where do item begin and where do they end? It's unclear why do you even need it, since your example did not mention it at all.
Video I'm less sure about: you can't have multiple video running at the same time; and Ren'Py doesn't seem give any explicit support to improve load time, but I have never notice any load time on my computer.