using an imagemap for confirm quit screen

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Ocircuit
Regular

using an imagemap for confirm quit screen

#1 Post by Ocircuit »

well I'm customizing my game alot (even though its a very short game), and I'm going to be making alot of imagemaps for the menus, so I was wondering how to you make it so that when a player clicks the 'X' out button or 'quit' buttons that instead of the default quit confirm screen coming up my imagemap quit confirm shows up?

also how would you use imagemaps for other confirm screens such as the load/save confirmations etc

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: using an imagemap for confirm quit screen

#2 Post by mugenjohncel »

how would you use imagemaps for other confirm screens such as the load/save confirmations etc
Hmm... this is something relevant to my interests...

I too would like to know how to replace the usual Save, Load, Options screen with an imagemap or would someone kindly explain (in plain mortal friendly english) how button overlay works.

How you make them

How to customize the image they display when in neutral/mouse over

How to properly position them (In Pixels)

How to customize the way they behave (like if I press this button it will go to a different label)

Example: Im on label A and if I press button B button I'll go to label B, if I press C, I will go to label C.

Image Maps can do this but...

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: using an imagemap for confirm quit screen

#3 Post by DaFool »

I just realized I posted total nonsense to a thread which wasn't one which I thought it was.

Here's an idea... can someone make an imagemap/button-based theme to counter the textbutton roundrect theme?

Basically emulate the basic Ren'Py main / game / pref / structure, implement the new imagebutton holding structures as standard resolutions.

Just so there is a basic system where one doesn't worry about buttons appearing in odd places or popping out.