MP3 Format Problem

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
dtaylortx

MP3 Format Problem

#1 Post by dtaylortx »

I am new to the Ren'Py program language, but I was wondering why the MP3s for the background music is not wanting to work. I know that .ogg .wav and .mpg are supported but I read in the web tutorial that MP3 was supported too, but I can't get them to play. The script seems to ignore the code to play them. Any advice?

PS I love this program, simple and easy to learn. It's reinvigorated my love for genre. :D

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: MP3 Format Problem

#2 Post by DaFool »

IIRC there could have been a bug or so with mp3 playback.

Are your files obfuscated? Have you tried other mp3s which may have been encoded differently?

There have been several games which used mp3s, so I'm wondering if this is a bug with your particular music files.

dtaylortx

Re: MP3 Format Problem

#3 Post by dtaylortx »

thanks for the advice but after tinkering with the code I realized that the MP3 that I was wanting to use for a sound effect was MP3. The music is working but I still can't use the MP3s for effect statements. Is there any reason for this?