Main Menu Music is not functioning - in all projects

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Sato-san

Main Menu Music is not functioning - in all projects

#1 Post by Sato-san »

Hello, I've encountered a particularly baffling "bug" in my Ren'Py client, which is apparently unique to my system because I've looked all over the internet for people who had a similar issues and the proposed solutions, yet did not manage to find suitable information on both accounts. Which is what prompted me to consult you guys here in the forums, as you can see this is my first spot. I have what I imagine would seem as a common problem to you at first which stems from scripting errors, and that is the fact that my main menu music isn't playing - or that the music file I have assigned to the main menu music configuration line does not execute, in a technical sense. Now there are two reasons why I believe this is a unique issue which is going to require more than just a few edits, I'm afraid:

First of all, I'm fairly sure that I've handled the script correctly: ( # config.main_menu_music = "X.mp3" ) , with X standing for the file's name, and secondly and most importantly is simply because not only am I unable to hear the main menu theme in my own project, but the music does not play in ANY of the projects. There is no main menu theme in neither Tutorial or The Question, I open the window and greeted by radio silence. I'm not even sure if there is supposed to be main menu music in those projects, but I'm pretty sure it's just me. In case you're wondering I haven't tempered with their scripts in any way, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Ren'py just in case and main menu music is still not working.

So..any help on this matter will be appreciated, and thank you in advance.

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Main Menu Music is not functioning - in all projects

#2 Post by briannavon »

You should try getting rid of the "#" , which turns a line of code in a note for the programmer.
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/

Sato-san

Re: Main Menu Music is not functioning - in all projects

#3 Post by Sato-san »

briannavon wrote:You should try getting rid of the "#" , which turns a line of code in a note for the programmer.
Oh wow, thanks, I guess I should've figured it out. It was kind of misleading that in it wasn't mentioned in any of the support questions. It works now, guess it wasn't as bad as I thought.