Live Compostite Question [done]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
lovebby
Regular
Deviantart: lovebby

Live Compostite Question [done]

#1 Post by lovebby »

So I was just wondering if there was a way to speed up the live composite I'm using in my game?

The squared part is the sprite, and the rest will be on the character page, so I'm sure the fact I use the whole image for the sprite as well is helping the situation. There's also quite a few layers on the characters.
When I tried to play through the game, the movements were very choppy and some not there at all because I guess of the loading time?
I know with slower computers it would be even worse, so I guess what I'm asking is what could I do?
Or should I just cut my loses and take away some content from the game?
Last edited by lovebby on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: Live Compostite Question

#2 Post by SundownKid »

Maybe you could speed it up if you made a separate image for sprite and character page. Assuming your sprite is really big and making it lag, that is. Or your animation could just be off. I don't see why some things would be missing unless you did it wrong somehow.

lovebby
Regular

#3 Post by lovebby »

Hrm, I was thinking I might have to do that too. Since the outfits would be changing continuously, would there be an easier way to change both at the same time? And missing? Nothing missing...? I wouldn't doubt my animation is off, but besides the bad lag, the game runs smoothly without any errors.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#4 Post by noeinan »

If I'm not mistaken, generally the character page doesn't change outfits. The sprite would change, and the character page stays the same, usually the characters "favorite" outfit or "iconic" outfit.

lovebby
Regular

#5 Post by lovebby »

Yeah, I was aiming to be out of the general on this one I suppose, but I guess I'll rethink it.
Well thanks guys~.