Making minigames

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Making minigames

#1 Post by Xerofit51 »

Hi, I'm a ren'py noob and I was just wondering how to make a minigame where you catch falling things from the sky....(okay well that's vague)
But I think you should know what I mean, basically there are falling things and you need to catch it by sliding around precisely beneath the falling item to catch it.

I don't know how to do so in Ren'py or is it possible to even do so in Ren'py. But If it is possible I like to know, thank you for your time and wisdom.
Answer if you have the time, if not well thank you for your time and attention.

Timberduck
Regular

Re: Making minigames

#2 Post by Timberduck »

You can do anything you want in renspy because it excepts python functions such as pygames ect in theory you can make an online game using python and my sql and renspy to package it as an adroid app.
About your mini game yes you can.
Definitely just need to find a cookbook reciepy of the program or learn more of python and mak3 it 9r hopefully somebody here nows how.