Quick Menu??

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
memoriadepapel

Quick Menu??

#1 Post by memoriadepapel »

How can I make the "S" and "H" keys (photography and hide Textbox) in buttons that look in Quick Menu???

FamuFamu
Regular

Re: Quick Menu??

#2 Post by FamuFamu »

Add a button to the quick menu on options.rpy, that uses Screenshot() as an action for the screenshots.

Can't figure out how to hide the textbox the same way it's done with the mouse or H, but you can use Hide("say") to hide the textbox (Provided there are no more active screens), just make sure there's also a button to show the textbox after it's gone

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#3 Post by Asceai »

Hiding from the quick menu is something I implemented just the other day, actually.

textbutton "hide" action renpy.curried_call_in_new_context("_hide_windows")

I get worried about using stuff that starts with underscores in ren'py (because it might change in a later ver) but there's no other good way of doing it.

apricotorange
Veteran

#4 Post by apricotorange »

Why not "HideInterface()"? It's documented to do what you want...

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Asceai »

apricotorange wrote:Why not "HideInterface()"? It's documented to do what you want...
>_> is that a 6.17 addition? It doesn't seem to have made it into the online documentation yet

Anyway, yeah, use that. action HideInterface()

xela
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by xela »

Asceai wrote:
apricotorange wrote:Why not "HideInterface()"? It's documented to do what you want...
>_> is that a 6.17 addition? It doesn't seem to have made it into the online documentation yet

Seems to be doing very similar thing as your implementation. I took a look and there is a whole much undocumented screen actions. I believe apricotorange meant to say "commented to do the same thing".
Like what we're doing? Support us at:

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Asceai »

xela wrote:
Asceai wrote:

Seems to be doing very similar thing as your implementation. I took a look and there is a whole much undocumented screen actions. I believe apricotorange meant to say "commented to do the same thing".
Well, the comments and documentation are one and the same, since the documentation is generated from those pydoc comments - I'm not really sure why those changes haven't appeared in the documentation, though. Maybe it wasn't fully regenerated or something?

memoriadepapel

#8 Post by memoriadepapel »

Bla bla bla "action renpy.curried_call_in_new_context("_hide_windows")"

bla bla bla "action [renpy.curried_call_in_new_context("_hide_windows"), Screenshot()]"

:3 solved