"Permanent" Side Images - How to? [Solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Llunet1
Regular
Projects: Reminiscence, Blood
Deviantart: llunet1

Re: "Permanent" Side Images - How to?

#16 Post by Llunet1 »

Oh! I got it to work!!
It will be a lot of code, and quite redundant.. but it actually works.

I did not use CondtionSwitch, but rather made a variable for an expression, similar to how the ConditionSwitch does it, and then manually put an if statement for each pose and outfit, and used the variable to determine which expression to use.

I will hopefully find a better way to do this, but it works. Just wanted to let you know.
If you can find an easier, and better way (for example, getting the ConditionSwitch method to work) I would gladly use it :) Thank you for all your help!

philat
Eileen-Class Veteran

#17 Post by philat »

...oops, I forgot to put "character_side" in quotation marks. Sorry *cough*

Code: Select all

if side_chara:
    add 'character_side'
For outfits and expressions, look into using LiveComposite. I've never used it, but you can search for it and find some useful stuff on the forum.

Llunet1
Regular
Projects: Reminiscence, Blood
Deviantart: llunet1

#18 Post by Llunet1 »

Ohh... I see.
I've never used LiveComposite before either... I'll look around for that.
Well, I think the way I have it (even though it's long, it's only on the screens.rpy file, and it's pretty easy to work with otherwise) works and I have had no issues whatsoever. But if I make another game with less outfits (hopefully only one... and I'll work around the amount of poses) I plan to use your method. :) Thank you!