"Pull and drop"-Puzzle

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

"Pull and drop"-Puzzle

#1 Post by Destiny »

Hello, dear people

I am currently working hard (since its term break and I thus have time) on getting the demo out for my current project and ran into an problem:
I can't find a code that would enable a pull and drop-puzzle.
In case, some don't know, here are examples: Banjo Kazooie and Professor Layton
Both these examples enable turning the pieces, I don't need that though.

To make a long description short:
I will have a collection of small images and a background image on the screen. The background indicates where the pieces belong to (the shape as a shadow), so all the player has to do is take a piece and place it to the spot.
To pick up a piece, the player has to click (or hold, depending on the fact, if Ren'Py could actually make the piece follow the mouse) on a piece and pull it to the spot he thinks it belongs to.
If the spot is correct, it will no longer move (maybe a sound will also appear) while the wrong spot will be revealed by it simply staying moveable.
The puzzle is finished with a message when all spots have been filled with the right piece.

Has anyone a idea how to code that?
I only have till ~25th of March to make this demo work before university starts again with full speed, so I really hope, there is a way .__. *wants to finally get the demo out*
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

saguaro
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Locked-In, Sunrise, The Censor
Organization: Lucky Special Games
itch: saguarofoo

Re: "Pull and drop"-Puzzle

#2 Post by saguaro »

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

Re: "Pull and drop"-Puzzle