YYH: Yusuke's Day Off - planned Ren'py game, beta form

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

YYH: Yusuke's Day Off - planned Ren'py game, beta form

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

This message is about a Ren'py game. If it would fit better in Game Makers corner, let me know.

I've mentioned my plans for making a fan game with Ren'py on my Livejournal, but now I'm making it public. The game is loosely based on the Yu Yu Hakusho anime series, and its working title is YYH: Yusuke's Day Off. It's a short and somewhat romantic story that takes place in between major events in the series.

Let me mention the bad news now - I put all the files into a .zip document with Win XP Home last night, but now Tripod will not let me upload that zip file. The script is just a bit long for this forum. So for now, if you wish to see what's done thus far, please email me at Gekiganwing at Lycos dot com. I will reply with an email including the subject line YYH: Yusuke's Day Off, and the email will include my .zip file as an attachment. The compressed file is titled yyhbeta.zip. (It *better* not include any viruses. If anyone detects one, let me know immediately!)

My beta version is currently in HTML format. Using HTML helped me link one scene with another. From this point on, I hope to convert it into Ren'py code. I'm currently struggling a bit to make sure the choices in the story don't lead back to a main menu.

My first goal is to edit the story so that it's coherent and perhaps more interesting. Apart from that, I could definitely use good, consistent character portraits and background images. Once all this comes together, I hope to have a presentable game ready in three weeks. Sure, it may not be anything spectacular, but it could help me create better games. I have quite a few ideas...

Feedback appreciated! So says The Taiyaki Fan.

12th_Nightmare

#2 Post by 12th_Nightmare »

If you'd like, I could host the zip for you until you can get it uploaded to tripod. (There's propably others who would willing to host it too.) If you want to do that, then e-mail the zip to prophet@prophets-lore.net

and i'll upload it to my space.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

oh, MAN, so it's hidden here! (*e-mails gekiganwing*) (*waits*)