Taskbar icon not showing up? [Answered]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Dizzydude
Regular
Projects: 「To Be Announced」

Taskbar icon not showing up? [Answered]

#1 Post by Dizzydude »

The regular .exe icon is showing up fine, but the taskbar icon is just the default .exe icon. How do I change the taskbar icon?

EDIT: The one on the taskbar is the python symbol, the one in task manager is the default .exe icon. The one in the corner of the program is the default .exe icon, as well.
Last edited by Dizzydude on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valmoer
Regular

Re: Taskbar icon not showing up?

#2 Post by Valmoer »

I've tried using the config.window_icon property and it did change in all three emplacement you cited (taskbar, task manager, corner of the program). Did you use that property, and if you did (and it still doesn't work), what Windows version are you running ? I'm running Win7, and as I said, it works fine.

Reference : http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/FAQ ... s_icons.3F.

Dizzydude
Regular
Projects: 「To Be Announced」

Re: Taskbar icon not showing up?

#3 Post by Dizzydude »

Ah, no I didn't set that. I'll try that now. Thank you!

EDIT: It worked, thanks :D