Menus in Pictures

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

Menus in Pictures

#1 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

I'm working on a series of Star Trek games and I wanted to have a minigame which would include the use of LCARS panels (or okudagrams for some oldschool trekkies). For those who have NO IDEA what these panels look like.

That. Is an LCARS.

Anyway, In the game it would have a readout that would show your 'sensors'. From there you could scan the area, fire weapons, activate shields, stand down red alert, surrender, and the like. However I don't know how to make a menu INSIDE of a PNG. Could Someone help me out with this?
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Visual Novel forums

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rekzs0.png

Jake
Support Hero

Re: Menus in Pictures

#2 Post by Jake »

Lee_Hitsugaya wrote:However I don't know how to make a menu INSIDE of a PNG.
Stop me if I'm missing something, but if you plan to use Ren'Py's menus (which I guess with roundrect look similar enough to the buttons along the top there) couldn't you just set the PNG of the LCARS screen as your background (scene) and show your menu normally?
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#3 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

That would work, but I would need to resize and move the buttons but i dont know how to code that.
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

Let's say "button.png" is the picture of one of your buttons :

Code: Select all

show panelbackground
$ ui.imagebutton("button.png", "button.png", clicked=ui.jumps("mybuttonaction"), xpos=50, ypos=120)
$ ui.interact()

label mybuttonaction:
    "You clicked on mybutton! :D"
Positioning is done through xpos, ypos and xanchor, yanchor (0.0 for left/top, 1.0 for right/bottom, 0.5 for middle)

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#5 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

monele.....you rock. flippin 10000 points for you :D

hehe! arigatou'! I shall try it in my coding.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by monele »

10000 points?!... Wow... What kind of stuff can I get with that? :D

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#7 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

hm....Free 5 anime edits? I do colorizations. lol. :D AND A BETA COPY OF TEH GAMES