How to turn off vsync in Ren'Py?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
bimb2212

How to turn off vsync in Ren'Py?

#1 Post by bimb2212 »

As the title, I want to turn off vsync in fullscreen mode. With vsync on in fullscreen, I got some lag spike when using ATL + mouse hovered on imagebutton, and some animation like zoom, transform, not smooth. But it is good in window mode.

AxemRed
Veteran

Re: How to turn off vsync?

#2 Post by AxemRed »

vsync doesn't cause lag spikes. The most lag it can cause is 1 frame.

bimb2212

Re: How to turn off vsync?

#3 Post by bimb2212 »

AxemRed wrote:vsync doesn't cause lag spikes. The most lag it can cause is 1 frame.
I mean, if a Background is transforming and repeat, then when you hover your mouse on 1 imagebutton, it causes 1 spike of lag (or can call it freezes in 0.1s), I hover on 3-4 imagebutton and repeat, it cause massive lag spikes consecutive on any ATL image. :(
Turn off vsync in nvidia Control Panel has fixed the problem. But I set default "Let the 3d application decide". Anyone know the way to turn off vsync in Ren'py? Add code or change some value...