Installing Android SDK Problems

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Mikomi
Veteran

Installing Android SDK Problems

#1 Post by Mikomi »

Hello, I've downloaded the Android SDK but after it downloads I get an error message. Any tips?
Attachments
screenshot of the error message
screenshot of the error message

nekoman

Re: Installing Android SDK Problems

#2 Post by nekoman »

Go in the Renpy SDK folder, find the folder "rapt" and open it.
You should see the archive of the android SDK (a zip file) and a folder with the same name. Delete that folder then manually unzip the archive.
When you are done open renpy and retry to install the android sdk from the launcher.

I hope it helps.

fluxus
Regular
Projects: Animal Anaesthesia (a teaching game)

#3 Post by fluxus »

I'm having some trouble also.. in my case, it's
\\renpy-6.17.6-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r22.6.2/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties
which is reported missing.

I went looking in the directory, and actually it's the whole 'extras' directory which is missing.
It's missing in the zip file as well.

It all worked rather beautifully up until that point though :>

Any ideas?
Attachments
androidinstall_error.jpg

nekoman

#4 Post by nekoman »

fluxus wrote:I'm having some trouble also.. in my case, it's
\\renpy-6.17.6-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r22.6.2/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties
which is reported missing.

I went looking in the directory, and actually it's the whole 'extras' directory which is missing.
It's missing in the zip file as well.

It all worked rather beautifully up until that point though :>

Any ideas?
I honestly ignore how is structured the android sdk (I always use it indirectly), so I'm not sure I if I can help.
Anyway I would try to update the sdk by running SDK Manager, or deleting the "android-sdk-r22.6.2" folder and unzip the file with the same name inside rapt.

fluxus
Regular

#5 Post by fluxus »

Hmm.. okay.
I take it that you've installed the android sdk through the official android site, so I'm trying to do the same now.
To quote Arnold Schwarzenegger, I'll be back :]

fluxus
Regular

#6 Post by fluxus »

..and I am.

Installing Andriod SDK separately, although elucidating with respect to its package management, didn't seem to help Ren'Py.
I guess Ren'Py has it's paths set to the rapt directory and assume there's good reasons for fixing them there.

On the other hand, half of my trouble with rapt was that I hadn't upgraded to the latest version - when installing the pre-released 6.18, that seemed to work. Also the latest 6.17 might work, only it had some other trouble.. which *might* be simply environment variables from 6.18 getting in the way, I'm not sure.